Soldano vs. Vetta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sevser View Post
    No but it's the fact that a Vetta is still SS...My findings so far have been that it's the power section that seems (From whayt I have found) to make the biggest diff...I have heard the Vettas live but they were situations when it was one guitarist in a small venue and the other band had both guitarist running through them...I didn't like the tone but I have no idea how they were set up.

Well, that would make all the difference in the world. no? I mean the Vetta allows for all kinds of boosts that allow you to break out of a mix. As for tone. Some Vetta tones can suck, and some can be great. It all depends on the tweaker.

Comment

• Guitardude...I totally agree...I run a XTL into a XXX power section...I'm just sating having a modeling pre into Tubes makes a huge diff...For the better and the Vetta is still SS...So I guess I'm saying modeling still would benifit frm valves.

danastas...I know the boost features are great...I use em with my XTL

Dietys Son patch boosted with a screamer and Diety Lead with the same only some delay and vol boost for leads.

I still haven't tried direct in a live situation yet...

I don't claim to know it all so I'm just tossing it out there and taking all you guys have in...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        Wow, amazing, tube people hating on the Vetta. Never thought I'd see the day. Newsflash: you can love tube amps and not trash modelers all the time.

Case in point: My band is about to open for Katatonia/Moonspell/Daylight Dies in October. My other guitarist fires up his Carvin MTS3200. Nope. Nothing. Tubes are DEAD. We're running behind, so what do I say? "Dude, just run your XT Live direct to the PA" (he was using it for effects). Saved our ass, and we sounded great from all accounts.

You want to hate on Line 6, go ahead. They might not be for you, but they're for somebody.
        Yep. I love the earlier Line 6 stuff, especially the POD 2.0 and the original Flextones. I don't much care for the newer Flextones.

A couple of years ago, I went to a couple of nights of Guitarmageddon at Guitar Center. Each player had a choice between a tube Marshall halfstack, a Line 6 halfstack (Vetta, I *think* it was), and some other amp. Anyway, only the Vetta and the Marshall were ever used. The third amp was never touched.

Now, I have a JCM800 2210 and I love it, but I'll be the first to tell you that the Line 6 sounded better by far on that particular stage. I love my sound at home, but I'm running a Metal Zone and a GE-7 EQ straight through, and a Digitech 20/20 multi-effect pedal in the loop.

I think a lot of players, especially younger ones, will get the idea that they can just plug straight into a tube Marshall and sound like heaven. This might be the case if you can dime it when there's nobody around for three counties, but most of the guys playing across the Marshall sounded like total ass because they weren't running any effects and they were using the amp's overdrive at low volume. They were getting that Jimmy Page "half-distorted" sound and it was pretty harsh.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• My Vetta just arrived! Woo hoo.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Spill the blood Sanc!
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

• I think you're largely correct Sev, but until one sees what the Vetta can do compared to others in its category, I think it's hard to make a decision.

As I said, I think the Vetta is thinner than my SLO. But I can imagine good ways for the Vetta to be used on stage.

Comment

Working...
              X