Soldano vs. Vetta 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mantis View Post
    I bet with the right amp like the JC120 or something, the GT 8 is killer. Boss vs Line 6 effect for effect I think Boss is a better product. This Vetta maybe better then the Boss gt8 since it has a matching power section. If Boss made a head out of the GT 8, I bet they would compete very well.

Dan

The GT 8 is excellent. The Vetta is better for a few reasons.
    1. It is more versatile for live use because of the longboard.
    2. Line 6 has the best editing software on the planet for modeling.

Comment

I have a POD 2.0 and my favorite model has always been the Modern Hi-Gain SLO-100 emulation. I've never played through a genuine Soldano, but this model is my sound to a "T" with touch of reverb and delay.

What sucks is that Line 6 finally got around to making pedals, but they don't seem to have that exact model in one.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        The GT 8 is excellent. The Vetta is better for a few reasons.
        1. It is more versatile for live use because of the longboard.
        2. Line 6 has the best editing software on the planet for modeling.
        I assume you mean the longboard has more control VIA foot control over the GT8?? That would be very helpful on the GT8. As good as it is only able to store 4 patches in a row can be at time limited. I have used all 4 patches in one song I wrote and wouldn't have minded a 5th.

I never used the GT 8's software but I can see how that could be very useful. I didn't however see the GT Pro Boss software and that looked great with the stomp boxes and all. Nice stuff. I would like to see the whats it called Bad Monkey software or something?? I remember downloading it when I was researching Line 6.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
          I assume you mean the longboard has more control VIA foot control over the GT8?? That would be very helpful on the GT8. As good as it is only able to store 4 patches in a row can be at time limited. I have used all 4 patches in one song I wrote and wouldn't have minded a 5th.

I never used the GT 8's software but I can see how that could be very useful. I didn't however see the GT Pro Boss software and that looked great with the stomp boxes and all. Nice stuff. I would like to see the whats it called Bad Monkey software or something?? I remember downloading it when I was researching Line 6.

Dan

The Line6 footboard goes way beyond that. It's not only patches or presets (64 of them) but all your effects, plus preamp, and finally two pedals for volume boost and wah. of course you can program the pedals to do anything.

Comment

I use my GT8 with another board to change patches - so I can assign any of the footswitches on it to do whatever I need them to do. Two things I can think of offhand that the Line6 stuff won't allow you to do is to put the preamp section of your guitar head into the GT8 where you can move it around (in other words, I can make any GT8 effect go before the amp, great for boosts, wah, phaser, etc) and the GT8 has a good intelligent harmonizer built in. I think the Line6 stuff has better amp emulations, but the GT8 is better for effects. Both are quality units though.

Pete

Comment

After playing guitar all day long until my fingers fall off, I've decided I'm sticking totally to the Soldano. I'll be selling my Vetta 2 combo soon. I'll put it up on the classifieds here. But I'm going to near earplugs here, since the Soldano needs to be maximized a bit to start outperforming the Vetta, but outperform she does.

Comment

Is the Vetta really that good? I listened to the clips on the website and wasn't overly impressed, but people really seem to like these things. I always thought that a modelling amp would be missing the character that sets a great tube amp apart from its simulated counterpart, and I've never played a solid state that isn't overcompressed...?

Comment

I'm with quakana, every time you guys talk about the Vetta, I get really interested in 'em!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Anybody know of a cheap source for the long floorboard?
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                      After playing guitar all day long until my fingers fall off, I've decided I'm sticking totally to the Soldano. I'll be selling my Vetta 2 combo soon. I'll put it up on the classifieds here. But I'm going to near earplugs here, since the Soldano needs to be maximized a bit to start outperforming the Vetta, but outperform she does.

It just goes to show you that modeling amps.. no matter how good they are.. aren't for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                        Is the Vetta really that good? I listened to the clips on the website and wasn't overly impressed, but people really seem to like these things. I always thought that a modelling amp would be missing the character that sets a great tube amp apart from its simulated counterpart, and I've never played a solid state that isn't overcompressed...?
                        Yes, the Vetta is that good. Don't ever trust clips posted online regardless of what amp it is. You need to hear the amp in person before you can make an educated decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          It just goes to show you that modeling amps.. no matter how good they are.. aren't for everybody.
                          Well, either that or, the kids got to eat somehow. I personally can't justify sinking 5k into amps alone, so something has to go unfortunately. I would have loved to keep the thing, and will definitely miss it. In the last month and a half, since our new addition to the family, I've had to let go of 7 guitars, some of them prized. I have one Les Paul on EBAY now. Guitar equipment = drywall. LOL. And yet I'm still buying amps! :ROTF:

Comment

Soldano SLO100......I told you so. Look at it this way, you can be done buying amps now.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                              Soldano SLO100......I told you so. Look at it this way, you can be done buying amps now.
                              Yeah right:ROTF:

Comment

Congrats on the SLO!

Comment

Working...
                                X