JSX Head vs COMBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
    I have a friend that works at GC so I need to find out what price he can give me on a JSX head otherwise I'll get one from Ebay.

I do have a question regarding the JSX. I see alot of the heads on ebay and most all say, "Got the amp and now I'm selling...Still in mint shape...paid over $k". These sell for about $600-$800 all the time on ebay. Why is it that people are selling these things so quickly after getting them, there seems to be a trend.

joe...
    I too was in the same predicament when I bought my JSX. After owning a 5150 combo for a few years, I knew this combo would be heavy as hell. I knew I wanted the nice tight thump of a closed back cab, so I went with the separate head/cab. I had planned to get a multi-fx unit anyway, so the reverb was covered and there really is not that much difference between 120/60 watts volume-wise.

I did, however, pick up an empty 212 cab and found some used XXX speakers to load it with. I used the 412 version to test the head and they seemed to be voiced perfectly for this amp. As for the looks, I didn't care for the chrome, so I removed it, which looked cool with the chrome knobs, and saved them from any scratches or damage.

Alas, I also sold the head a few months later and took a huge beating on it. I dug the ultra channel, but didn't care for the others. Also, I got the Mesa bug after trying out the F series. So I got an F-30, sold that and got a Mark IV. I love my Mark IV.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by usrname; 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM.
    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by usrname View Post
      Alas, I also sold the head a few months later and took a huge beating on it.
      I can completely understand getting an amp and than after awhile selling it because it just didn't work out. However, I see this consistantly with the JSX's...and not to pick on this amp. I guess if I started to look at other amps, I might find something like this with them. Again, I played the combo for a while and I did like what I heard. My Mark III is doing nothing but collecting dust so I hope to sell it to raise funds for a JSX.

thanks for the input

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Don't worry, you will sell your JSX to Bill

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
          Don't worry, you will sell your JSX to Bill
          :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk