No announcement yet.

Tc Electronics G sharp, Major , etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't you GT6/8 users four cable method the unit with your amps so it does not suck out the tone? I had a similar problem with my POD and considered dumping it for a GT-6.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
      can't you GT6/8 users four cable method the unit with your amps so it does not suck out the tone? I had a similar problem with my POD and considered dumping it for a GT-6.
      Most people use the 4 cable method. I do and hate it. It sucks the life right out of my amp and I don't see any way to restore it. The unit just alters the tone to the point it doesn't sound lke my gear anymore. Line 6 doesn't even have the ability to wire in with the 4 cable method meaning the XT live floor processor. I looked into that before I got the Boss GT 8.

The GT 8 is nothing short of incredible with it's ability but if you can blend it in with your amp then i say go for it. It's very powerful. I wish you lots of luck.

Dan

Comment

FWIW, you can use the XT Pro for the 4-cable method.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My bad. I thought the 4CM allowed you to use the fx unit without hindering the tone..
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I have a confession to make. All this talk about G-Majors got met to wanting mine back. So I called the Music store I traded with a couple weeks ago and they're gonna switch me back for the Boss ME-50.... What can I say They're AWESOME units!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
              I have a confession to make. All this talk about G-Majors got met to wanting mine back. So I called the Music store I traded with a couple weeks ago and they're gonna switch me back for the Boss ME-50.... What can I say They're AWESOME units!
              I assume you like the G better then the ME-50??

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                The Me -50 doesn't allow you to put the effects in the right order.
                It has a OD section, you have to use them in the chain they provide. So meaning you have to wire the ME-50 in front of your preamp to use. This does bad things if you want to use Delay and chorus with your drive channel. Now you have the Delay and chorus in front of your preamp. That sucks.
                What the ME-50 should have done was have the 4 cable method. Then you can put the OD section in front of the preamp and insert the modulation effects in your effects loop. Now the you can boost your drive channel if you want, then add in Reverb where it belongs.
                I would own the ME-50 if it had this. I like it has no amp modeling. I have no use for that. I play with the GT8's modeling to fool around but I would not use it live.
                Boss needs to make a ME-50 built like the GT 8.
                Dan
                Yes...this is why I have an ME-50 sitting in it box...Great unit but they really should have separated the OD/Distortion from the rest and ditched that preset eq for a 7 band eq.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                  I assume you like the G better then the ME-50??
                  Yes I do. Don't get me wrong, the Boss is a great unit but when I found out that the store still had it plus remembering how good it was after reading this thread then I knew I had to get it back if possible. T.C. Electronics just makes the smoothest effects out there in my opinion

Comment

I've been using the G-Major for 4-5 years now, and I love it - good tone, good FX (the compressor even doesn't suck), and pretty easy to program. The only thing I'd like to have is a smart harmonizer, but, hey, at this price point...
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I've used tc electronics off and on, had most recently the G-force, which was ok. It wasn't stunning, and that is the problem with tc electronics, their stuff, its just too sterile.. very good effects and all, just not ~lush~ like good analog-type stuff. If your looking for some good rack effects, but don't have the $$ for Eventide or Lexicon/etc., you can find these useful:

Ensoniq DP / Pro - The 'poor man's Evetide' Great quality.

Sony DPS-V77 - Was around $2500 new, now you can find them for cheap, like $350. Bad marketing makes it this way, you might compare it easily to a Eventide Eclipse.

Rocktron Intellifex or Replifex (old Rocktron stuff, the old company, not the new generic kind) Great effects that are cheap now, but NOT outdated.

Gear may change, but its just new boxes, not better gear. Remember, ears don't change just marketing for the same effects in new pretty boxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X