Current Jam Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gort View Post
    Sorry that rig is a big mess! Clean it up some, dude. Do you really need all of that???

FWIW, my rig is one head with a loop: tuner, hush, rocktron xpression

No need for anything else.
    Wow. You are my hero.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have played through Tim's Randall rig...and I have to say, that it does indeed kick ass and sound great....also the main reason I got the RM4 preamp for my rack (Plexi, Brown, Top Boost, and SL+ modules).

Kick ass..and the pedal board is also very fun to mess with as you're playing.

Oh, Newc..yeah, they just changed that this year for the NC State Electrical Code..but they're still working out the details and logistics of running water:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Shawn - if you go for the Auralex stuff you may be better off doing what I did. The box of Platfoam is $299 now - it was about $100 cheaper when I did mine. The GRAMMAs are $49 a piece but a 4x12 won't fit on it steadily. They make a Great GRAMMA which is large enough but it's $99.

The only thing that is "special" about the GRAMMA is really the Platfoam.

A GRAMMA comes with 46" of Platfoam. A Great GRAMMA comes with 60". A box of Platfoam comes with 1152" in 48" strips.

Now do the math.

In terms of making them, I just bought some 1/2" MDF from Home Depot and some of that gray carpet that the car stereo guys use to make sub-woofer boxes. Spray glue and staples for the carpet. The Platfoam comes with some really good adhesive that you dispense with a caulk gun. It took me a couple hours to make the whole drum riser and a handful of the cab risers.

Here's where I got the carpet - they sell it by the yard pretty cheap:
        http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....TOKEN=53335279

In the end, you can make ones big enough for a 4x12 for about 20-25 bucks depending on if you do the carpet and all that.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          Hey, cool rig! I just picked up a Randall RM50HB myself. Right now I have the Blackface, XTC, and Ultra modules. I had the SL+ too, but the level knob was broken and glued on (happened in the store), so I took it back. I think that that amp is totally happening and sounds phenominal! The biasing feature is way cool... I never realized how much of a difference biasing makes (other than accounts on the net), since I've mostly had Boogies. Contrary to popular opinion (IMO), hotter is not always better... well if you want clarity that is.

I see you are using your series loop with pedals. Do you notice any tone suckage or do you have some sort of buffering there to help with that. Also just out of curiousity, how long are your send/receive cables?
          I'm not noticing any suckage. No buffering in the loop. Everything in the loop has to be able to run at line-level with the Randalls. I only run my volume cut/booster and a Boss VF-1 for reverb in the loop. The cables are about a foot long because the stuff that's in the loop is sitting on the head.

- Newc

Comment

Love the Loooper box!, mines that same color blue.
            Very useful units. I've got a custom made dual A/B Loooper with tuner out.
            Nice rig guy!

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
              Love the Loooper box!, mines that same color blue.
              Very useful units. I've got a custom made dual A/B Loooper with tuner out.
              Nice rig guy!
              I wish I loved the Loooper box. It's well made but the jacks are too damn close so I had to use George L's cables.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
              X