Current Jam Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Jam Rig

Here's the rig I'm using right now. Randall RM100 head into a Avatar 4x12 cab.

Pedals:

Here's the rig schematic:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Looks very versatile. Which modules do you use in the RM100?

Comment

My God, NC building codes allow 4 outlets that close together?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool rig Tim.
        Dude you make Petrucci look pale & thin on the FX setup!!
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
          Looks very versatile. Which modules do you use in the RM100?
          Right now I've got the 1086, Tweed, and Top Boost in it. They're all getting pulled out LOL.

So far I really like the Brown, XTC, and Blackface combination.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
            Cool rig Tim.
            Dude you make Petrucci look pale & thin on the FX setup!!
            Not even close. Petrucci has 3 or 4 refrigerators full of stuff. I just have modest collection of little pedals

- Newc

Comment

"and this knob controls the heat of the sun"... "I've never used that yet"

Comment

what kind of V is that Korina may I ask?

Comment

Charvel Guy...I'm pretty sure thats a Floyd Rose model guitar

Tim, what is the 4x12 sitting on and does it help the bass from vibrating the floor ?
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn is correct. It is a Floyd Rose Arrow. It's been my main player for months now.

Shawn - that platform is my knock off an Auralex GRAMMA. In Auralex terms the GRAMMA is basically two pieces of PlatFoam with a small piece of wedge foam on a piece of carpeted MDF board. When I was putting the studio together I bought a couple boxes of PlatFoam - they sell it in a gigantic box for making drum risers. I made a drum riser and then custom sized GRAMMA style risers for all the amps and cabs. I actually have spares for when folks come over.

Basically they help keep the floor from being part of your sustain chain It definitely helps a good bit. Without them things are muddier.

- Newc

Comment

.. huh, I did not know they made a V style.. I only have seen the strat bodied. Is that Korean?

btw..milk crates work ok too.. they just do not look as good... I'll have to keep that GRAMMA in mind tho, almost looks like a rack cover w/o hinges.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                        .. huh, I did not know they made a V style.. I only have seen the strat bodied. Is that Korean?

btw..milk crates work ok too.. they just do not look as good... I'll have to keep that GRAMMA in mind tho, almost looks like a rack cover w/o hinges.
                        Not Korean. That guitar was made in Redmond, WA by JT Riboloff

Milk crates don't really provide much in the way of isolation - that is what the Platfoam is all about.

- Newc

Comment

Sorry that rig is a big mess! Clean it up some, dude. Do you really need all of that???

FWIW, my rig is one head with a loop: tuner, hush, rocktron xpression

No need for anything else.

Comment

Hey, cool rig! I just picked up a Randall RM50HB myself. Right now I have the Blackface, XTC, and Ultra modules. I had the SL+ too, but the level knob was broken and glued on (happened in the store), so I took it back. I think that that amp is totally happening and sounds phenominal! The biasing feature is way cool... I never realized how much of a difference biasing makes (other than accounts on the net), since I've mostly had Boogies. Contrary to popular opinion (IMO), hotter is not always better... well if you want clarity that is.

I see you are using your series loop with pedals. Do you notice any tone suckage or do you have some sort of buffering there to help with that. Also just out of curiousity, how long are your send/receive cables?

Comment

thanks Tim. I thought it was the Auralex...I have a bunch of their foam panels but was really curious about the pads. I have 5 4x12's and my jam room/home studio is on the 2nd floor of my home so those look like ticket for better isolation. My wife says she can't really hear the guitar but she does hear the vibrations rattling the ceiling downstairs
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X