No announcement yet.

Introducing Dual Recto R0005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Furman AR-1215 voltage regulator that I always plug into and I still experience "finicky" days with my DR.

Comment

I Fricken Love the old Dual Rectos!!
      I have #220 and #414 both are chrome faced and both sound great.
      Never understood why people liked the black diomond plate, always thought it was pretty ugly.
      Cool, #R0005!!, the earliest one I've ever seen for sale in #R0075 on the bay and it was a black faced one.
      Very nice guy, Enjoy!!

Comment

I do like the black faces with a chrome chassis, but the regular are just as nice too.

I think this will be the one recto I will keep, sounds good and does what i need it to do. Back when i was using my recto for alot of sounds i needed the three channel. Now that i have the XTC the dual can be my flat out brutal metal amp.

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
        I Fricken Love the old Dual Rectos!!
        I have #220 and #414 both are chrome faced and both sound great.
        Never understood why people liked the black diomond plate, always thought it was pretty ugly.
        Cool, #R0005!!, the earliest one I've ever seen for sale in #R0075 on the bay and it was a black faced one.
        Very nice guy, Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
          All my Recto's and pretty much any amp i have noticed that, seems to be finicky on days, probaly do to not enough power coming from the wall, which does change the tone.

As to loop, i never really use the loop for my recto's, i have always used them as pure metal machines do no effects with them.
          This is SO true IMO..One night you can dial in a incredible tone. Next day you plug in and go WTF just happend??.. Tube amps in general are finicky, due to many factors, such as your mood, ear fatigue, humidity, maybe some tube gremlins got in there..somethin'.

Of all the tube amp I've played with it seems that older Marshalls heads seem the most consistant, but they have their days too..

That's why I can't part with my Marhsall rack (9200/JMP-1/JFX-1)..it sounds the same all the time..so I spend my time playin' and not tweakin'..I like that!

I know I sound like a broken record, but Loomis really had a awesome tone with his Recto..MUCH better than I saw him with his Krank..I know he's endorsed and all..but he should go with what makes him sound his best..A Recto!!!

Although Andy Sneap does dial in a great studio sound with the Krank..different story live tho.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wonder if there is actual scientific proof of this phenomenon?

Bill, your JMP-1 and 9200 have tubes too. Actually doesn't a 9200 have like 10 tubes (8 power and 2 PI)?

Comment

My only amp that has always been right on the money is my bogner XTC, i can plug that in anytime and be like, oh my god what a godly tone. It never seems to have a bad day.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              This is SO true IMO..One night you can dial in a incredible tone. Next day you plug in and go WTF just happend??.. Tube amps in general are finicky, due to many factors, such as your mood, ear fatigue, humidity, maybe some tube gremlins got in there..somethin'.

Of all the tube amp I've played with it seems that older Marshalls heads seem the most consistant, but they have their days too..

That's why I can't part with my Marhsall rack (9200/JMP-1/JFX-1)..it sounds the same all the time..so I spend my time playin' and not tweakin'..I like that!

I know I sound like a broken record, but Loomis really had a awesome tone with his Recto..MUCH better than I saw him with his Krank..I know he's endorsed and all..but he should go with what makes him sound his best..A Recto!!!

Although Andy Sneap does dial in a great studio sound with the Krank..different story live tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                I wonder if there is actual scientific proof of this phenomenon?

Bill, your JMP-1 and 9200 have tubes too. Actually doesn't a 9200 have like 10 tubes (8 power and 2 PI)?
                Yeah the 9200 is loaded with eight 5881's..

I think it's the DSP circiuitry in the JMP-1 that makes it more "stable"..consistant and predictable..there is two 12ax7 in that thing..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                  My only amp that has always been right on the money is my bogner XTC, i can plug that in anytime and be like, oh my god what a godly tone. It never seems to have a bad day.

Bogner are great amps..I never spoke to one XTC owener that didn't love it.

I must say they Uber is pretty consistant..I am much happier with the tone once I installed those TS 12ax7s..all that "honk" i used to have at very high levels is completely gone, ..that was my only complaint ..so I am happy.

Much "darker" sounding now with a tighter bottom end..
                  Last edited by horns666; 09-26-2006, 06:43 AM. Reason: because I type for shit.. ; )

Comment

Siggy stopped by my place Friday with the amp, and I positively floored by it. Aggressive midrange presence, plenty of brutal crunch, and no recto buzz. The clean channel was a bit of an after thought, but who cares? Playing through this amp is like that mega hot chick you nailed once in college, and keep thinking about for the rest of your life.

Mike, who lives across the street, stopped by "for five or ten minutes". An hour later, he's still playing through it. It even made Siggy's Ibanez sound good.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    I must say they Uber is pretty consistant..I am much happier with the tone once I installed those TS 12ax7s..all that "honk" i used to have at very high levels is completely gone, ..that was my only complaint ..so I am happy.
                    Tung Sols are the most amazing preamps tubes on the market right now. They knock out the Bogner honk, they knock out the Recto buzz, and they don't knock out your wallet. I love the things.

Comment

Working...
                    X