Introducing Dual Recto R0005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Dual Recto R0005

So here is number R0005. The guy i purchased it from Just retubed it with JJ Tubes from Eurotubes (a set designed for Rec's)

Here are the pic's, amp sounds great.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/554337952RNeBvU

Congratz Todd, nice score. I have a really early one too. I think its #10 or #11. It was ordered when they first were released. It looks EXACTLY like yours.
    Its light.. isn't it? Mine is.

Comment

Yeah, and I got it for $1030 and it has brand new set of JJ Tubes from Eurotubes.

It is not to light, but it is not bad, great sounding amp. By the way you should post pic's of yours on the mesa board, before mine the earliest they ever saw was R0029. you need to get some pic's of the guts.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      Congratz Todd, nice score. I have a really early one too. I think its #10 or #11. It was ordered when they first were released. It looks EXACTLY like yours.
      Its light.. isn't it? Mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
        Yeah, and I got it for $1030 and it has brand new set of JJ Tubes from Eurotubes.

It is not to light, but it is not bad, great sounding amp. By the way you should post pic's of yours on the mesa board, before mine the earliest they ever saw was R0029. you need to get some pic's of the guts.
        I have never had the chassis of mine out. The only thing I have ever done to it is replace the tubes.

Comment

Very easy to take out, and so simple compared to the newer recto's with the circuit boards as you can see by my pic's.

These early Recto's have the demand, we have a different revision then the rest of the 2 channels and not sure if you noticed they are tighter with a little less gain but more attack.

I have never had the chassis of mine out. The only thing I have ever done to it is replace the tubes.

Comment

Very easy to take out, and so simple compared to the newer recto's with the circuit boards as you can see by my pic's.

These early Recto's have the demand, we have a different revision then the rest of the 2 channels and not sure if you noticed they are tighter with a little less gain but more attack.

I always thought mine was very finicky. Some days it sounded great. Other days it sounded like canned ass. Its also very picky about whats in the loop. Its a great investment piece though. The only Rectifier that I ever owned that sounded better was a Tremoverb head.

Comment

I always thought mine was very finicky. Some days it sounded great. Other days it sounded like canned ass.
              I've noticed that with mine too. Don't know if it actually varies or if it's just a psychoacoustic thing. BTW, I don't have a vintage version, but do have R008822....I've actually never paid that much attention to the serial number until tonight. I did call MB shortly after I bought it and they advised it was produced in 1997. Are the serial numbers indicative of actual production numbers?

Comment

Yes the serial numbers are indicative of actual production numbers, mine is R0005 which was the 5th one made. But i believe the numbers also include all the rec models produced, rackmounts, tremo etc..

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                I've noticed that with mine too. Don't know if it actually varies or if it's just a psychoacoustic thing. BTW, I don't have a vintage version, but do have R008822....I've actually never paid that much attention to the serial number until tonight. I did call MB shortly after I bought it and they advised it was produced in 1997. Are the serial numbers indicative of actual production numbers?

Comment

Cool Todd,

Yep, that head certainly looks familiar...we didn't get along well..you know the story.

I hope it brings you years of joy, they are very well built and players much better than I absolutley kill with them!

Good luck and have fun,

Bill
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Actualy you might like this one better then the ones you played, not really buzzy like normal rec's, that was the sweet part of the first 500.
                    Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Cool Todd,

Yep, that head certainly looks familiar...we didn't get along well..you know the story.

I hope it brings you years of joy, they are very well built and players much better than I absolutley kill with them!

Good luck and have fun,

Bill

Comment

Looks like a nice one. I thought the Transformers would look different on those, Did you happen to notice the numbers on either of them?

Comment

I forgot which was which on these, so here are what they both say.

One Tranny says
                        E1A606-036

Second Tranny says
                        E1A606-147

Comment

I forgot which was which on these, so here are what they both say.

One Tranny says
                          E1A606-036

Second Tranny says
                          E1A606-147
                          I kinda thought the numbers would be a bit different too. My DR is a Blackface, serial number 00723, and made 10/1/92 and I've always heard that the OT was different in the first 500 which is what made them sound different. Mine are:

OT
                          E1A606-033

PT
                          E1A606-202

Those second number end set must mean something slightly different. Even the wires coming out of the trannies look the same.

Comment

More then likley the difference in tone is not really do to the transformers, but more to the different pre-amp board design. You have a RF-1F and the under 500's have the RF-1C.

Most experts on the mesa board tend to think now that the RF-1A and RF-1B where either pre production or never existed. As to RF-1D and RF-1E I have asked already and waiting for a reply, but i think they just skipped to RF-1F which was what they used in all recto's from 1993 till 2000 when they came out with the 3 channel.

Originally posted by adrenaline junkie View Post
                            I kinda thought the numbers would be a bit different too. My DR is a Blackface, serial number 00723, and made 10/1/92 and I've always heard that the OT was different in the first 500 which is what made them sound different. Mine are:

OT
                            E1A606-033

PT
                            E1A606-202

Those second number end set must mean something slightly different. Even the wires coming out of the trannies look the same.

Comment

All my Recto's and pretty much any amp i have noticed that, seems to be finicky on days, probaly do to not enough power coming from the wall, which does change the tone.

As to loop, i never really use the loop for my recto's, i have always used them as pure metal machines do no effects with them.

I always thought mine was very finicky. Some days it sounded great. Other days it sounded like canned ass. Its also very picky about whats in the loop. Its a great investment piece though. The only Rectifier that I ever owned that sounded better was a Tremoverb head.

Comment

Working...
                              X