No announcement yet.

Krank amps again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know - it's not as bad ass I remembered, but it's definitely not a tone I'd be going for.

That said, a dude on the SS.org forums had a Krankenstein for about a week and loved it for everything by leads.

Everyone on the Sneap forum but one douch who swears by old Valvestates has dug the Kranks they've tried, too.

It's definitely a tone that will not work for everything, or for everyone, but it is an awesome tone.

Comment

DSS3 ..I just that LOVE 7 string growl and those low killer squeals his does on that record..

I can do that now, thanks to Firebird V!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3
        You guys give Krank the worst rep ever - I swear to god. Please actually play one with a good axe and anything but the Krank cabinets, and then pass judgement.
        I said WHAT I said, because I DID! Dude, I don't slag ANNYTHING unless I actually give it a fair shake. I hate to say it, but the Krank I played, sucked on ice, simple as that: Thin, buzzy junk. Trust me, I was dissapointed, after all the hype.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

There's only been one other guy come in here and say he liked Krank. He seemed like a Krank employee although he denied it, and basically posted for a month about his Krank then disappeared forever. That was a famous tactic their PR guy used on the HC forums, then repeated when he became the PR guy for Madison amps.

If you dig it that's all that matters, but most don't seem to like them. I haven't tried or heard one in person so I can't comment, but I HAVE heard a JSX and think for basically half the cost it does a great job for everything from blues to classic metal to modern metal. I'm happy with what I have now, but if I were looking for something new I'd basically go with a known brand at a good price rather than a new brand that's relatively overpriced considering it hasn't gotten many good reviews. Maybe time will change that perception, heck Peavey's perception has certainly changed!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say I liked Peavey. Still sounds alien to me!
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
              Shawn and co..They have a new hilarious death metal band cartoon spoof on "adult swim" Sunday nights on the Cartoon Network, ...Metapcalypse..James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet do the voice overs for two members in the band..they always have a wall of Kranks behind them with the blatant Krank logo..too funny!!!

It's a great show!!
              Metalocalypse is great. Probably the best new show in the history of adult swim. I am 100% addicted to it.

I think Kirk and James just do voice-overs to extras in the show. I thought they were doing band members too but the official word seems to be no.

Comment

Metalocacalypse Kick Ass!!!...I taped the laste one..The band therapy..episode. I'll be watching that one tonight..baked of course!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've still not played a Krank, so I reserve full judgement in that regard. However, I've been a little sour on them since every one I've heard live has not sounded very good to me - and that's NOT hearing front of house (during soundchecks and such). They've all been too harsh and brittle for me.
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                  X