Van Halen MXR Flanger pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twisteramps
    I was just adding clarification. Now we're triple clarified!

Pete
    Oh, also I only paid $150 cause the guys at the local sam ash are stupid!

Comment

Oh, I really think I need one of those striped overpriced SIGNATURE MXR pedals to REALLY "nail" Ed's tone..

Because the ones he actaully used on those amazing albums truly sucked ass!!

Yeah, then I'll need an Art series Charvel and I may as well get that signature MXR Phase shifter..those old phase 90's he used really blew!!!

You know what missing..a fuggin' red and white striped tube Echoplex and Variac..yeah that'll be next!!

Then I'll have to mount all that crap in that empty bombshell to really get his tone from 1978!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I didn't but it to be on quest to get EVH's tone, I got because I liked the sound of the flanger.

Comment

I saw a VH tribute band this year. The guitar player had the hardware and the software (wig) but failed to nail Eruption/316 when he showcased his solo abilities. The tone was there but the chops were... choppy. I think if you're gonna dress the part, buy the toys, and claim to be a tribute, you need to be more careful in your song selections.

Now if he dressed like current vagabond Eddie, and was slugging down beers n' booze, the sloppy solo was right on!

Comment

The M-117R Reissue is 18v.

Comment

I have an old MXR flanger with the cord hardwired to it. I love this thing. And having eddies Flanger sound engraved in my cerabelum i would say that the EVh reissue is damn close enough to the untrained ear and even to those trained ears that can be pretty discerning. No it wont make you play like eddie but it will give you his flanger tone.
              Btw i paid 12 bucks for my flanger I loved my old job. lol
              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                I saw a VH tribute band this year. The guitar player had the hardware and the software (wig) but failed to nail Eruption/316 when he showcased his solo abilities. The tone was there but the chops were... choppy. I think if you're gonna dress the part, buy the toys, and claim to be a tribute, you need to be more careful in your song selections.

Now if he dressed like current vagabond Eddie, and was slugging down beers n' booze, the sloppy solo was right on!
                The ONLY VH tribute worth a damn was mine..PEROID!

we wiped the floor with the Atomic Punks ,,there's a whole thread on that topic..check it out..

John still has to post some vids from our gigs..still waiting John!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Did you guys even listen to the clips??

Seriously..listen to those clips and then tell me whats up!!

newbies!!

Comment

Working...
                  X