No announcement yet.

Vetta wins!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to actually play the guitar and an amp, not get a degree in IT and work on some sort of overpriced computer. :s

I still can't get into the Vetta or modellers in general, they've never clicked and I doubt they ever will.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm
      I like to actually play the guitar and an amp, not get a degree in IT and work on some sort of overpriced computer. :s

I still can't get into the Vetta or modellers in general, they've never clicked and I doubt they ever will.
      What's nice about the Vetta is that it has so many variations and things you can do with it that it does help supress GAS. However, if you're more of a 'I want to crank my toob amp' player, and that's it, then yeah, it may not be for you. One nice thing about the Vetta is that it's probably one of the most versatile amps you can get - I used mine for country, metal, classic rock and blues jams/bands. Plus if my band wanted to do a song with a certain effect, it was pretty much in the amp, except for the lack of an intelligent harmonizer.

Pete

Comment

toob
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
          What's nice about the Vetta is that it has so many variations and things you can do with it that it does help supress GAS. However, if you're more of a 'I want to crank my toob amp' player, and that's it, then yeah, it may not be for you. One nice thing about the Vetta is that it's probably one of the most versatile amps you can get - I used mine for country, metal, classic rock and blues jams/bands. Plus if my band wanted to do a song with a certain effect, it was pretty much in the amp, except for the lack of an intelligent harmonizer.

Pete
          Or acoustic simulator. I miss that one. My GT6 had a great one.
          Yep, the Vetta can do it all once you figure it out.
          Thats the nice thing about a good tube amp. Even baseline settings will get you sounding great. Baseline settings on a Vetta can really stink.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            I guess my post didn't come off correctly so I apologize. I learned from going to Vettaville and The Institute of Noise message boards. I didn't really ask too many questions, instead.. I searched for posts that had already asked the questions I needed answers to.
            OK, now that I have apologized.. here are the answers.

#1. You need a USB to midi interface. I have a Mark of the Unicorn Fastlane. It was cheap. I got it at Guitar Center for around $30.00.
            You also need 2 midi cables. You plug these into the back of the Vetta in the midi in and midi out jacks.
            The midi in on the Vetta connects to the midi out on the interface. The midi out on the Vetta connects to the midi in on the interface.
            You plug the USB cable from the midi interface to your computer.
            Load in the software that came with the interface and make sure its running correctly.
            #2. Go to the Line 6 website and download the latest version of Line 6 Monkey.
            #3. When you fire up Monkey it will find your Vetta and it will give you a list of available downloads.
            You want to download Line 6 edit. This will allow you to fully program the Vetta on your PC. You will see everything and its a drag and drop program with drop down windows. Its simple to use.
            You will also want to download version 2.5 software for your Vetta. Make sure you do the complete full install. If you have patches already created on your Vetta back them up using Line 6 Edit before you upgrade to version 2.5.
            After you do the Version 2.5 upgrade you will notice that all your patches have a channel switching delay in them. That is because all the patches on the Vetta will need to be saved. Once they are saved there will be no more delay. You can download the addendum to the Vetta owners manual explaining all the new features of version 2.5. It is available on the Line 6 website.
            Once you do all this you will be good to go and you will have a ton more complicated questions. You can ask me or you can search for your specific question on both the Vettaville and The Institite of Noise forums or the Line 6 forum. Just about every question you could ever imagine has been answered on these forums. Trust me... I know.
            I hope this helps.

John G... Diehard Vetta user (and sometime putz)
            I had to take two Vicodins after I read Step #1..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Its REALLy not that hard.

Step 1) Go to the Guitarget of your choice, take out your Credit Card and tell someone " I want to buy a Midi Box and cables

Step 2) Drive home

Step 3) Plug your midi cables into the only possible holes they will work in

Step 4) Downlaod a single program from line 6 and run it.

Step 5) Play your guitar and tweak the amp from your computer.

Thats it.
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

thanks guys, that info helps a lot, and I promise I will ask at the proper sites from now on.

right now even though I'm using it with my band and it's working out great, there are aspects to this amp that I'm still in that phase of kind of not knowing quite which questions to ask, ya know?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I really get the impression that the Line6 amps are better than the XT and XTL for live playing. People usually love their amps for live playing, but hate using the XT or XTL because of "fizz". There must be something in the Line6 cabs and speakers that naturally tames the "fizz".

Comment

Originally posted by shred4Him
                    I really get the impression that the Line6 amps are better than the XT and XTL for live playing. People usually love their amps for live playing, but hate using the XT or XTL because of "fizz". There must be something in the Line6 cabs and speakers that naturally tames the "fizz".
                    The Vetta has no "fizz" unless you want it. In that case.. its GREAT fizz.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                      thanks guys, that info helps a lot, and I promise I will ask at the proper sites from now on.

right now even though I'm using it with my band and it's working out great, there are aspects to this amp that I'm still in that phase of kind of not knowing quite which questions to ask, ya know?
                      If you have ANY questions.. just ask here or PM me. I will be more than happy to answer them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shred4Him
                        I've been using mine in decently loud rehearsals for 2 months now and I don't get any fizz. clear as a bell and it cuts through like a champ. the super high gain settings do feed back though, just like any amp.

Comment

If you have ANY questions.. just ask here or PM me. I will be more than happy to answer them!!!
                          dude I was just fucking with ya, I know what it's like to always be asked the next question about something I learned myself through hard work and time.

I'll only ask if I really need help. most shit I've gotten myself, but again, I think they did a shitty job on the manual. just my o.

Comment

I've been using mine in decently loud rehearsals for 2 months now and I don't get any fizz. clear as a bell and it cuts through like a champ. the super high gain settings do feed back though, just like any amp.
                            Lots of times, the compressor causes the feedback. Try turning it off. Also, don't use any type of compression on anything high gain. Only use it for cleans. The Powerball model causes alot of feedback issues too. Dial the gain down on it.
                            I don't get any feedback on any of my high gain patches.

Comment

Well, I have no experience with the Line6 stuff, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. I am just going by what I have read.

How are the dynamics of the XT and XTL? Do the medium gain amps clean up with some volume knob roll off? Is there any latency switching patches? Give me the entire scoop if you don't mind. I am planning on getting something, and it is between the XTL and the Digitech GNX3000. I want as much players point of view for the Line6 stuff.

Comment

Lots of times, the compressor causes the feedback. Try turning it off. Also, don't use any type of compression on anything high gain. Only use it for cleans. The Powerball model causes alot of feedback issues too. Dial the gain down on it.
                                I don't get any feedback on any of my high gain patches.
                                cool, I'll try that tonight at rehearsal. I'd love to get it quieted down on the high gain stuff. I probably stand too close to my amp in our rehearsal space also, not much to be done about that due to the space limitations.

Comment

Working...
                                X