X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta wins!!!

I just felt like posting it.
    Damn.. this amp sounds good.

I finally heard this amp today and holy shit dudes, that amp was AMAZING.

Comment

Finally.... a JCF'r has heard my amp in all its glory!! Speak on my brother!

Comment

You're officially VP of the CPPPAS !!

Your're a good player John..

Bill
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm getting a very different (and crappier) sound out of my headphones when I'm playing the Vetta.

Anyone have this experience with the Vetta headphone input?

Comment

I have never used headphones with my Vetta. I only use stereo cabinets.
            My Vetta doesn't even have a headphones output jack. It has line outs both balanced and unbalanced but no dedicated compensated headphone jack. What does the jack say that you are plugging into?

Comment

It says "PHONES" It's to the right of the master volume.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
                I'm getting a very different (and crappier) sound out of my headphones when I'm playing the Vetta.

Anyone have this experience with the Vetta headphone input?
                I bet its not the Vetta. I bet its the headphones frequency response. Are they high end pro quality headphones like AKG 271 or Ultrazones? Get an expensive pro quality headphones and I bet it will sound different

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg
                  I bet its not the Vetta. I bet its the headphones frequency response. Are they high end pro quality headphones like AKG 271 or Ultrazones? Get an expensive pro quality headphones and I bet it will sound different
                  They're not high end, but they are $99 Yamahas.

They work fine on a Roland Cube 60 and my Fender Tube amp, but maybe the Vetta is just too upmarket

Comment

I cannot get enough of the clean tones in my Vetta, considering our set of cover songs I use a lot of cleans and Fender amp sounds, and the amount of choices and textures of just the cleans is sick. plus they jump out of the amp and cut right through. combine that with my Tele and it's clean heaven.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Using headphones is not the most ideal way to judge a piece of gear...unless the gear is designed for the purpose of playing through headphones or the headphones are being used for basic tests. I have a number of pieces that have headphone outs.. and I have some pretty decent Sennheisers too... even if I use headphones and get it to sound good..those settings will likely sound alot different when played through a cab.

That being said.. I use headphones when recording alot because its the way I'm setup.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 09-02-2006, 01:15 AM.

Comment

John -
                        Glad you're diggin it... just wasn't my cup of tea...

Comment

Unfortunately, my late night playing is done through headphones if I want to really mess around with tweaks. I have an infant in the house with supersonic hearing.

The good thing about living in an old industrial dying city like Buffalo is that all the houses are old stock, every wall is made of plaster. Which is good for absorbing sound. But at 11 m, I'm still down to the headphones.

Comment

I guess the combo's have headphone jacks. I have the Vetta HD.

Comment

danastas,

I have a Vetta II combo, I cannot get a good sound through the headphones either. I'm using Audio-technica studio quality headphones with it.

The headphone jack has the same sound as the direct outs, when you use the headphones you now have the mic sims to deal with. When just playing through the combo's speakers, the mic sims are not used.

I have tried a few times, and tried all the mic models, but I cannot get a good sound through the phones, and I definately cannot get it to sound like what I hear through the speakers. I usually get frustrated try to tweak the sound, and end of giving up.

Comment

Working...
                              X