Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wanted to say that the BBE SONIC STOMP ROCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to say that the BBE SONIC STOMP ROCKS!

Just bought one over at the local GC. Best 100 I have ever spent. Running it through my effects loop. Kick major ass. Its funny when I turn it off to think that was what my sound use to be. Strongly suggest one for guys running classic tube chassis with loop.
    Im running a Fender Supersonic. Love that baby.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

if you leave it on all the time, why not get a rack mount version?

Comment

I mounted it inside of the amp cabinet. I went through the rack phase. I had the rack mount BBE then. Trying to keep it simple.

Comment

i totally dig my bbe sonic stomp. its as if my amp actually breaths now! i even threw out my ten band mxr eq. you dont need it. it works kind of like an eq anyway IMO.

Comment

is this the same thing as the maximizer that BillZBub is always raving about?
          are you guys using this with 5150's?
          I hope so because I just grabbed one off of Ebay.
          Last edited by kmanick; 06-29-2006, 10:00 AM.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Bet it will slay on the 5150. I am really impressed with the clean signal an boost it provides. Definitely a good investment. I run a Ibanez TS9 and a Boss Delay in the front and it has minimal noise gain.

Comment

This is good news as I want one, but not the rack version. Glad to hear it opens up your amps tone Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by rfazano
                i totally dig my bbe sonic stomp. its as if my amp actually breaths now! i even threw out my ten band mxr eq. you dont need it. it works kind of like an eq anyway IMO.
                think bill raves about the 422/422a?... could be wrong.

(oops, pressed the wrong "quote" button. ...
                Last edited by tseegert; 06-29-2006, 02:20 PM.
                www.myspace.com/madeaband
                www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

this is supposed to be a pedal version of the 482i.
                  they are not offering the 422 anymore.
                  that's funny I run a 10 band MXR EQ in the loop of my 5150 too,
                  and I think you're right Bill likes the 422.
                  I think this pedal will definitely not suck though,
                  it should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                    is this the same thing as the maximizer that BillZBub is always raving about?
                    are you guys using this with 5150's?
                    I hope so because I just grabbed one off of Ebay.
                    No, the stomp is a stomp version of the 482..I HATE that one..way too much "sizzle" ..IMO!!

I use the very discontined 422 or 422A rack mount..the only "musical" and warm sounding Barcus Barry units made IMO..

and ONLY those..

Not the 462..not the new 482's..

but if the 482 or the stomp version improves your tone and YOU like it..that's cool!

I been shoving BBE's of ALL models into FX loops since '89.. not all amps like them...the 5150 does.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn I hope I'm not disappointed with this thing, I bought it off of EBay (new) and it's already on it's way.
                      Well it will be hee on Wednesday we shall see.
                      (Damn it Bill where were you this morning when I needed ya????? )

Comment

I was going to bed..I woke up at 3PM..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i use the 422a as well, with a 5150. sounds amazing. from what i understand the newer ones are tailored more for professional PA systems than guitar set ups

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                            i use the 422a as well, with a 5150. sounds amazing. from what i understand the newer ones are tailored more for professional PA systems than guitar set ups
                            wouldnt it be more logical that the stomp version of the new BBE's are in fact tailored for guitar setups ?

I have the 322 at home but would really like a stomp version for portability (rehearsal)

Comment

Ahem, I listed my BBE Sonic Stomp pedal for sale in the classifieds section a couple days ago if anyone is interested. I have also used the BBE 422A in my rack back in the 80's and loved it. As for the current pedal version, its a solidly built unit no doubt about that, but I liked the sound of my Uberschall better without it than with it.

Rudy
                              www.wickedrocks.com
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X