No announcement yet.

Peavey XXX vs. 5150/6505 vs. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH, I'm strictly a dirty channel player..one "bad" thing I found with the 5150..even the 5150 II with their own eq section..the clean channel always sounded lifeless and dull to my ears..not known for their clean tones..
    well, i use the clean/rhythm channel set to crunch for 90% of my rythm tones, depending on my mood the lead channel is brighter, with higher mids and a tighter bass response imho, whereas the boosted rhythm channel has more low mids and bass in general, with slightly less cut though. to me, the 5150 doesn't have a clean channel
    now, with my cobra it's a different story, the clean channel on that one is OUTSTANDING...easily comparable to a fender. but then again, the cobra is a totally different beast than the 5150, they sound nothing, and i mean NOTHING, alike

who's this new player in AE..I sure wished Chris would return..the bros had "mojo" together..
    frankly, i don't know. all i know is that he's a beardy swedish guy who is said to be pretty damn good - well, he HAS to be *really* good to be able to fill in for chris....mike has a more singing tone, definitely a blues-schooled player, with an emphasis on slow singing melodys...chris on the other hand is awesome, total shred yet melodic. great vibrato too, although not quite as good as his brother's. i mean, just listen to his dead eyes see no future or nemesis leads, that guy is INSANE

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
      hey inearthed, do you still have those pictures by any chance?
      I found it... I was remembering a different Band's settings.... Here's his...

Comment

xxx vs. 6505

the xxx is strait up more death metal than the 6505. however its great for the scooped tone and extemely high gain. the 6505 is more along the typical marshall side of tone(really midrangey and a moderate gain level) i think more adept for the softer side of metal or maybe leads, but as you all know im too opinionated so use ur best judgement

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonabuser1
          the xxx is strait up more death metal than the 6505. however its great for the scooped tone and extemely high gain. the 6505 is more along the typical marshall side of tone(really midrangey and a moderate gain level) i think more adept for the softer side of metal or maybe leads, but as you all know im too opinionated so use ur best judgement
          I think many, many people will disagree with you about the 6505 / 5150...

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
            I think many, many people will disagree with you about the 6505 / 5150...
            comparing a 5150/6505 to a Marshall...

well it's like comparing a pussy to a dick..

I think!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

actually, the 5150 is way more marshall-ish sounding than it is in the mesa ballpark, so he's got a point. however, it surely isn't just for "soft metal" and leads

inearthed, thanks for the pic. kinda hard to figure out his exact settings, though...here's what i got:
              hi gain input, rhythm gain 3,5 , lead gain 5,5 , bass also around noon, mids either 1,5 or 7 , treble 6, master 5 and 3, no idea about resonance and presence....kinda seems like he's got both really low, though

Comment

IMO..a 5150 and a Marshall are apples and oranges..

and a Recto is a ..umm..a banana..

all completely different...

what point..fruit salad?
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X