Wtf, lol...Vox AD30VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwoods986
    I've never played through any of the Vox Valvetronixs but I'm curious to try one out now. One thing I have read though is that you can only program two channels with them, even though they have 11 amp models. Is this true for all the sizes or just the smaller ones?
    Excluding the 60 and the 120, you can setup 3 tones... 2 presets and manual mode... That's how I setup mine--I stored the 2 presets first and then made my lead tone in the manual mode. The 60 and the 120 you can do 16 or more (I forgot).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I use to own a vox valvetronics 120. If I didn't need the money (for other amps/ gear) I would have never got rid of this amp. It sounded great at all volumes.

Comment

I had a similar experience to ripley's. I tried the AD15VT, and was really surprised at how great it sounded.

I am now seriously thinking of getting either an AD50VT ($359) or a ToneLab SE ($499) (which I would run into a Trademark 10 or computer speakers) for home practice.

The 50 looks a bit cheaper and simpler to use, but the SE is stereo and offers more features, with computer editing capabilities, etc. I note that the 50 is a newer model, with different amp names. I don't know if they're the same models or not. Does it offer any advantages over the SE?

Comment

J station is great - the recto sounds are good, and with some tweaking, you can get a real nice JC120 sound. Just make sure you get the J Edit software (I think you can download it on their site)

Comment

Silly question, but can you get metal ( death metal style) distortion with AD30VT?

So it have tube only in preamp? So it is not like real all tube amp?

Comment

It is not an all-tube amp. It has a 12AX7 tube in a power amp role. Here are some high gain clips of an AD100VTH in action: http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAD100VTH

Comment

Working...
              X