Wtf, lol...Vox AD30VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf, lol...Vox AD30VT

I went to the Guitar center today near Milwaukee...For reference, I just moved to the area...In central Wisconsin, there isn't much for music stores so I don't get to see/hear any new items in-the-flesh...

I walked in just to take a look at what they had and for a whim, plugged into a little VOX 15watt ss amp..(I have heard good things about the Tonelab here on the JCF)

Jeez, it sounded WAY cooler than I expected... The fifteen watter had built-in effects and sounded pretty cool for only $159.00...I decided right there I was going to buy it, but the salesman suggested I try the AD15VT (A similar amp in every regard except it had a tube in the preamp stage.) This one sounded even better and was only $189.00. Since I liked that amp also, the salesman said to take a look at the AD30VT. (Ok, I know it looks like I let this guy lead me up in $$$, but at this point, we are only @ #239.00. )

I plug it in...Bam! Man, that sucker is a loud 30-watts and there was a sweet metal sound filling the air in seconds...!(Well, as sweet as a $239.00 amp with a schmoo like me playing through it can sound) As an FYI, a cool feature on this amp is that it a knob in the back to regulate the power-output and a 10" speaker as opposed to the 8" in the 15-watt versions...

Well...

High Gain sound is sweet, clean sounds really good too...It has built-in effects (delay, reverb, flange, chorus, auto-wah, rotary, etc)...They are are pretty icky-sounding, but for screwing around, it beats dragging around a box-full of pedals...

So,

I bought the 30-watter not even thinking I wanted an amp but this little amp sold itself...I figure I can throw it in the car and bring it to my girlfriends house on the weekends (we are apart right now because of work)..I have been using a little 15-watt Crate that sounds like ass...

When the F%&k were you guys gonna tell me about this amp, lol?

If you haven't tried one and possibly have a use for an easy-to-move-around amp, I would recommend giving one a listen

Dan
    Last edited by ripley156; 05-13-2006, 05:25 PM.

Where's it made?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They're made in Vietnam Ron. I have the 15 watt one to use for a practice amp in my apt. but it sounds quite good, we are probably going to record some clean stuff with it next week in the studio.

Comment

I have an AD30VT for practice in my living room. I love the thing. As a practice amp, it does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by ripley156
          When the F%&k were you guys gonna tell me about this amp, lol?
          damnit, you weren't supposed to find out!

Have heard good things about these amps, but haven't tried one out yet. I love the look of them too.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

The Vox Valvetronix amps are fantastic. They sound really good and the effects are ok to good as well. The amp modeling I feel is better then Line 6 or any others. I loved my Ad120VTX before it went bad. Actually I would own one today if they had another in stock....

Good job man and good idea to pick one up for practice... Got me thinking I should go pick one up myself for bedroom practice or garage.

Dan

Comment

I have a AD30VT. I have been recommending this amp and the AD50VT for awhile now. No one here usually listens to me though. I do wish, however, that I had sprung for the AD50VT though. I think the AD50VT sounds better than the 30.

Comment

I'll tell ya man, guys over at the Fender forum are ACTUALLY comparing the 50 to price=equal tube amps. I haven't tried one yet. I bought a Behringer LX112 Vampire with the footswitch, manual, handtags, extra electrical cord for $125 [like new] in a local Pawn-Shop. Mine is the older version with the Jensen speaker in it. I like better than alot of modeling amps I've owned or played. And for $260 NEW with a 12" inch speaker? The speaker simulator works VERY WELL on it. That is a BIG issue with many modelers including the VOX. The only one that has decent output beside the Vamp is the Line 6. But man they are SOoooooo GENERIC sounding. I just seen a used J-Station for 69.00 bucks? I never heard that one, ANY GOOD?

Comment

I have a Vox Valvetronics Tonelab Desktop Version and it is sweet. I can run it thru an amp too. The Desktop unit can be had for like $125.00 now used. Very Nice. Congrats!

Comment

I bought one a couple of months ago and love it. I am still looking at one of those epi valve junior heads though. Looks like a perfect little valve amp for annoying the neighbors, LOL.
                    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

As far as the J Station goes, I know a few guys that love em over anything new out there. I have a digi genesis 3 that just sits and gathers dust now. The only decent sounds I ever got out of it was running it direct to my pc or into a cheap transtube rage 158.
                      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I love my Tonelab. I can get so many great tones out of it...from glassy cleans to Recto thump. It really is a great gadget.

I am going to mate it with an Atomic Reactor very soon...and then it will be perfect.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I'm selling my 50VT now that I re-upgraded (I had a 120VTX and downsized to the 50VT) to a 60VTX. The only modeller that is better is the $1,600 Vetta II. The Valvetronix amp I tried out was the little 15VT... and my jaw dropped at what you could bet for under $150 new these days. I bought the ToneLab too, the only weakpoint on it are the speaker cab sims though.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've never played through any of the Vox Valvetronixs but I'm curious to try one out now. One thing I have read though is that you can only program two channels with them, even though they have 11 amp models. Is this true for all the sizes or just the smaller ones?
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I had the 15 watter. Great little amps, I really didn't care for it with headphones, (it bypasses the tube) this is really what I was after, so I swapped it up for the M-audio Black Box. But for the money, as a pratice amp they are really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X