No announcement yet.

Modelers vs tube amps.. yeehaa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Line6 Cabs sound better with the the different cab emulations. I gigged with no problems using a Marshall 4x12 w/75s. Just had to turn the emulations off.

Question for you guys with 2.5: Has it helped on the switching delays? They never bothered me, but I know JGCable was going nuts with his at one time.

Does the Vetta have spillover for the delays yet? I went to a pedalboard and the Line6 Echo Park I bought has spillover/trails... when you turn the pedal off, it can keep the delay going until it dies out, which is really nice. You don't get that sudden shock of no delay when turning it off.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
      The Line6 Cabs sound better with the the different cab emulations. I gigged with no problems using a Marshall 4x12 w/75s. Just had to turn the emulations off.

Question for you guys with 2.5: Has it helped on the switching delays? They never bothered me, but I know JGCable was going nuts with his at one time.

Does the Vetta have spillover for the delays yet? I went to a pedalboard and the Line6 Echo Park I bought has spillover/trails... when you turn the pedal off, it can keep the delay going until it dies out, which is really nice. You don't get that sudden shock of no delay when turning it off.

Pete
      No, the switching delay is still there. I found a work around. I only switch channels for 2 instances within a song, clean to rhythm/ rhythm to clean and for solo boost. I notice no problem going from clean to rhythm because the delay is so short I can't even hear it. I noticed the delay when switching from rhythm to solo because most of the time I never stop playing. The new version 2.5 has a 0-12db solo boost assignable to a footswitch. I assigned to the Favorite button. Regarding the spillover for effects... because I am activating a solo boost within the channel the effects are not affected.
      Pete... version 2.5 is incredible. It took care of every issue I ever had with the amp. The wah's are incredible. Everything from the Zack Wylde to the Bad Horsie to the Crybaby to the Vox. It even has a create your own custom wah. Ducking delay, killer amp models and better cabs, presence, loudness, Fletcher Munson, better DI's, etc.. AMAZING.

Comment

Modeling amps are cool. I miss mine. I onwed a Vox ad120 VTX and it was great. It didn't have the cool feature like the line 6's do with software upgrades but the sound quality was woth not having that.
        I liked it better then the Vetta and spider amps from Line 6. I liked the clean sound on the vox better. But the Vetta's insane setting and lot of there heavy Distortion tones where really nice.

I'm glad to see that the upgrade made all that difference. How cool is it to own a amp that you can upgrade?? thats very cool man.

Congrads Bro

Dan

Comment

Ya ifraan and I were having a discussion about my XTL breaking up at high volumes. I am thinking it is not the unit itself, but the patch parameters and the cab I am running it to. A line 6 vetta 4x12 or two 2x12's could obviously handle more and sound better than my current 2x12.

When it comes down to it, with nearly ALL the effects, volume pedal, and so many amp/cab models built in the XTL up through the vetta are some of the best options for amps in my opinion as long as you spend time tweaking them and you are running them through a decent poweramp and cab. They are amazing for recording and low volume stuff and they work well for gigs if you work with them and have some patience

IIRC, don't tube amps take some time to dial in good tones as well?

I admit, at times my XTL seems a bit daunting. I do not know much about amps, and there are so many bells on whistles on that thing that sometimes I feel like I should be wearing a helmet.

Ifraan, it will be a while before I will have the 4x12 setup and everything. I will be running the XTL into a Mosvalve 962 poweramp then to the Line 6 4x12. I will have downloaded the metal pack. Basically, I will be completely starting over with my rig so I will have between now and roughly about the end of June to learn as much as possible about tweaking and stuff before I start messing with it.
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I would never use Vetta live because it doesn't look cool enough to be standing with me on the stage
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
              I would never use Vetta live because it doesn't look cool enough to be standing with me on the stage
              +1

Comment

Can't argue with you about that. The Vetta is UGLY.

Comment

John, you sound like that mantis dude!

For more info:

http://www.line6.com/vetta_ii/US/
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like the concept that there is no change in the amps voice no matter where the volume is set..

that's been my BIGGEST pet peave with any freakin' amp..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I've owned and liked both. As far as modelers go I've had a Line 6 AX2, Flextone, Flextone2, POD 2.0 and POD XT Live. I had basically no grips about any of them except when they started messing up it's not something that you can just take down to the local repairman and have fixed. All of my Line6 stuff messed up on some shape fashion or form eventually except the POD XT Live and that's probably because I had it less than a year. As far as tone goes though, I loved them! I also had a Behringer V-amp and I actually liked it better then the POD 2.0!

As for tube amps, I've had several of those as well. I said that last Marshall I bought , which was a JCM 900 would be the very last Marshall I bought because it was junk! I bought it new and within 3 months it tore up and I never got it working right again and had to take a big cut on it. I had a JCM 800 that was killer but it's one of those things where unless you buy a bunch of pedals you get one tone and that's it, although it does that one tone wonderfully. I currently have a Mesa Rectifier and I love it. I used the Rectifier model most of the time on the Line 6's that I had but IMO the modeled Recto and a real Recto are miles apart. Line 6 pretty much nailed the Marshalls though. Anyway, I like both modeling and tube stuff but I'm really enjoying having a real amp rig right now where all I have to do is turn the knobs and jam Plus I can experiment will all the new and different pedals that come out! The only thing I miss about the Line 6 stuff right now is the smooth delays they all had.

Comment

I have never played a Vetta, but I would love to try one out.

Right now I am in heaven playing with the best of both worlds...a modeler with a tube power section..otherwise known as the Vox Tonelab. I haven't even scratched the surface with this. It really is an awesome tool.

I am all for modelers. My only complaint is that there are TOO MANY options! I mean, damn....with a one trick pony like a Marshall you get the tone dialed in and let it be. With these things you have tens of thousands of possibilities at your hands. I have spent 4-5 hours just dialing in a single distortion tone one evening..because it is so maleable.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I not getting rid of the Uberschall!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            I not getting rid of the Uberschall!!
                            I hear you!!!
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                              I hear you!!!
                              I love you!

Comment

Originally posted by tseegert
                                In light of all the things I've heard about this amp, I'm seriously considering buying one. Jg, you have any online samples of you using your Vetta rig? I'm totally getting GAS.
                                for an amp, wouldn't that be AAS?
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X