Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

I just thought of something. A couple of people said BVs are no good for metal/thrash. Well what the hell else would you use them for then? I don't get it.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Re: Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

I'm playing a gig tonight, and I'm gonna try using my Bad Monkey as a clean boost for both channels (with the gain dialed back of course) and see how it works out. I've heard alot of good things about using clean boosts with the 5150's (mine is a 6505+).

I'm not dissing BV's since I've never tried one. The 5150 series is tough to beat though...

Comment

Thanks for answers.It seems almost everybody likes 5150

Comment

what's great about the 5150 is that it's very versatile. no, it doesn't have 20 midi switchable channels, multi fx loops, tone shift and deep switches and whatnot, but the EQ does a lot. with my marshall all i get is that marshall tone, my old engl had the engl sound and that was it. the 5150 however has a sound of it's own (the swedish metal trademark sound) which is somewhere between a marshall and a mesa with a different high end sizzle imho, but it can also do a convincing marshall tone as well as that scooped mids sizzly top rectifier thing (although it does the marshall better than the recto), depending on the settings and the outboard gear.

Comment

Working...
          X