Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

My main style is thrash/death but i like progressive tones too.Sometimes brutal/technical death metal and metalcore.Which can fit my style?Don't have a chance to try these so i'm waiting for your advices.

Re: Peavey 5150 vs Crate BV120HB

I can speak for every single friggin person on the JCF and everywhere else so LISTEN UP BRO......

PEAVEY 5150

Admins... please lock this thread up! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry jg...you aren't speaking for me. I am very happy with my Blue Voodoo tone. I play thrash/death metal stuff, and I love my BV, but I damn sure can't knock the 5150. I prefer mine, but that's me. And yes almost everyone else, except maybe Zeegler and Paulbag will tell you to get the 5150..I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying the BV is a GREAT amp in it's own right.

Comment

5150..BIG TIME!

be quiet Zeegs..this thread is not for your eyes.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Sorry jg...you aren't speaking for me. I am very happy with my Blue Voodoo tone. I play thrash/death metal stuff, and I love my BV, but I damn sure can't knock the 5150. I prefer mine, but that's me. And yes almost everyone else, except maybe Zeegler and Paulbag will tell you to get the 5150..I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying the BV is a GREAT amp in it's own right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most humbly and respectively I will respond to the above.

I never said that the BV120 isn't a good amp. I am just responding to his question asking which one is more suited for death/thrash.

The 5150 is probably the most popular amp on the planet for death/thrash.
          I like the BV120 too but its not suited for death/thrash nearly as much as the 5150.

Comment

"I like the BV120 too but its not suited for death/thrash nearly as much as the 5150."

Yessum Boss..Bill Z Bubz Knows Death/Thrash!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that the BV120 isn't a good amp. I am just responding to his question asking which one is more suited for death/thrash.

I like the BV120 too but its not suited for death/thrash nearly as much as the 5150.

[/ QUOTE ]
              My apologies jg...seems I mistook your post and got defensive..sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't they call the BV "Blue Doodoo" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Don't they call the BV "Blue Doodoo" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the kiddies who don't know how to dial one in. In the hands of a knowledgable player the BV120 sounds great. Its just not nearly as good for death/thrash as the 5150.

Comment

I played a BV300 at a local GC a few months back and was very impressed with it. Awesome tone with plenty of crushing distortion. Don't have any experience with the 5150's although I have heard alot of great things about it thus my GAS for one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      My apologies jg...seems I mistook your post and got defensive..sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No sweat. Its all good. You should defend your BV120 if you like it. Its your ears that count to you. Not mine.
                      Thanks for the reponse though. I appreciate it.

Comment

GRRRRR!! YOU'RE ALL FUCKING GAY!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]..

I'm only gay when completely necessary! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I prefer to think of it as "deperate", rather than gay. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]..

I'm only gay when completely necessary! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ](in the gayest voice you've ever heard) I'm gay for you Billy Boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X