Cheap floor effects recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap floor effects recommendation

Those Korgs are starting to look pretty good, but the V-Amp sure seems to get good reviews for it's price. How about >this< little Behringer?
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

try the boss gt-8. never fails me. i paid £289 for mine brand new. chances are that it'll be much cheaper if you're living in the usa. includes pitch shifter, amp switching and modelling, fx-chain can be altered, digital output, real fx-send/return that doesn't compromise distortion section when in use like it does on the gt-6.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Oh geez, that thing is nearly $500! I think I'll have to actually learn how to play a bit more before I lay down that kinda cash. I'm thinking $150-200 max. I appreciate your chiming in tho. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I'd say the regular boss pedals, lots of different versions. But always a AC power chain, batteries die quick.

Comment

How about the Korg AX100G? Seems to have a lot of features and reviewed decent on harmony-central.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Look at the Boss ME units.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Probably the best quality for the price.

[ QUOTE ]
              How about the Zoom GFX series? I've got the GFX-5, picked it up for about $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say the Zoom unit I used is possibly the worst FX unit I've ever used. There were a couple of okay settings, but as the poster from this quote mentioned, it's mostly noise.

[ QUOTE ]
              I'd say the regular boss pedals, lots of different versions. But always a AC power chain, batteries die quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a good battery, and don't leave the cables plugged in when you're not using it and it should run for a fairly long time. If you practice heavily every day, then it would be a good idea to have the AC adapter. If you think you'll be using it a lot, the guy from this quote has a good point. The AC adapter will pay for itself soon. Probably not too bad to keep around for gigs either, as that's the only time a batter will die; during a gig.

If you can use amp modeling, a Pod wouldn't be a terrible way to go. Not to mention you can get a floorboard to control all of your effects in one patch. No tapdancing!

Comment

The digitech RP1 is a decent unit, and you can get em for under 50 bucks on ebay sometimes.

Comment

I've been watching some stuff on ebay and comparing with what they go for new... and I got my Avenger put together (finally) last night and got reminded what a shorted-out POS I have for an amp. So now I'm trying to make up my mind if I should just buy an effects unit and play with headphones, then buy a new amp later - or just get one of the little Line6 or Behringer amps with some stuff built in. Too damn many choices I tell ya. I think I had almost decided just to buy a new V-AMP 2 before this dilemma presented itself.

I gotta say I was pleased with how the 'vel played though, after getting it nailed together. It took me quite a while to get it all tuned up, and get the floyd to sit right. But I pulled it off... as I went back to tweak the intonation my tuner crapped out (and got smashed somehow). I think I did pretty good for never having set up a floyd before. yea me!
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

After seeing how much the stuff on ebay is going for (nearly new price). I had convinced myself that a new V-Amp 2 was the way to go. Since I live in an apartment and keep vampire hours I figure I'll be playing mostly through heaphones anyway. My question is would I be better off to get a small amp like a Spider II (and use headphones with it most of the time) or just get the V-Amp and worry about an amp when I've actually learned to play beyond chugging power chords? Though I'll admit to slobbering over the POD XT, mostly cause of it's USB - I'm too cheap a bastard to not notice the price difference.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Try some of the older boss stuff, like a GT3 or GT6, can get them fairly cheap these days

Comment

If you need an amp and effects now the Spider II 30-watt 112 combo is a lot of bang for the buck. You can get the Behringer Vampire 60-watt 112 that'll drive an extension cab for that same price, but the Spider is higher quality.
                        The Vampire is a V-Amp 2 amplified, basically. Either is good bang for the buck.

Edited because I didn't state the price, which is $199 for either amp. Wish they had this kind of stuff when I was starting out!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Can you download/edit patches like you can on the POD/V-amp? I'm guessing no. Though I'm not sure how much I'd actually use that feature if I had it.

I'm going to give the local pawn shops one last check this afternoon. After I get pissed off at how ridiculous their prices are I guess I'll have to make up my mind and (finally) order something. lol
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

...still haven't made my mind up. lol
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Update: I won a Behringer V-Amp pro, FCB1010 floor controller and an SKB rack case on the 'bay.

Now I must await Santa's... I mean the FedEx guy's arrival.

How do you tell when you've spent enough money to magically know how to play? lol
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X