Cheap floor effects recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap floor effects recommendation

What opinions do you guys have on the various cheap floor effects units available? A guy I used to play with like 10 years ago had a Digitech RP6 I thought was pretty cool and fairly sturdy... but the stuff they sell now seems pretty crappy. Are there any similar units that are worth a damn available?
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Re: Cheap floor effects recommendation

Look at the Boss ME units.

Comment

Mh,imo a korg ax1000g is better than the boss me series.

Comment

line 6 XT LIVE

just turn off the amp button.

you can run it through the front or the loop. the tempo tap feature is invaluable.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I don't think the XTL is the best choice for effects purposes..

Comment

..and well,it's not that cheap!

Comment

Doesn't the AX1500G have a preamp in it too? The Boss ME is strictly effects... right?

Comment

Yes, it just has the COSM distortions

Comment

How about the Zoom GFX series? I've got the GFX-5, picked it up for about $150.

Half the presets are just noise (there's actually one named "insect", which sounds like buzzing mosquitoes), but I've managed to tweak some usable sounds out of it.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

The Korg stuff looks interesting, I've never played around with any of their stuff.

How about the Digitech GNX units? Having only seen 'em online (the stores around here only have the bottom rung digitech), they at least look similar to the old RPs.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

The Digitech GNX3 and 4 are not cheap at all. Your talking around $300-$450.00

Comment

vamp2, $100 at GC.

Comment

I picked up a korg AX1500 a few weeks ago and found it to be easy to use and tweak. you can get a new one for $199 Now.

Like you I haven't played much in the past couple years and was getting back into playing recently. I wanted something that I could get decent copy sounds ( make it sound similar to bands) out of for home enjoyment.

I liked the ability to manually move a dial to get a different sound (amp,effect,etc.) rather than having to adjust things though an interface ( see I;m a little old and I ain't all that up on that electroincs stuff,LOL).

The only thing I wish is that there were more places online to find other peoples patches, as I found I like to use what others have made and tweak them, rather than trying to make my own.

good luck shopping.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            vamp2, $100 at GC.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the good thing about the V-Amp 2 is that you can turn the preamps off with just a push of 1 button.

Comment

+1 to everything you said, kp59
                              I've had my AX1500 for over two years now and still am finding new sounds. Like you, I like that when I want to change something, I just turn a knob. Like a pedal. JG - you can turn turn the pre-amp and cabs off and just use the effects if you want. But I do have to say that the distortions are very good. I've found that a lot of the presets sound great once you turn off all the effects they add on to them. Now I just have to figure out a way to get those great sounds to come through an amp. Another good point by kp59 is the lack of user groups on the net for patches. But I have to say, I don't think you can get a better floor processor for the money.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X