Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for some ideas on amps

But, Ubers are not versatile.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How are Ubershalls with galloping and the usually thrash riffage? Can you hear the pick attack distinctively? Does it respond well or is there some sag to it? I really like my ultralead for what it can do, but want something that has a little more balls. I remember someone saying they have both and use the ultralead for leads and the ubershalls for rhythm, which might be the route I want to take unless there is an amp that can do both extremely well. I guess as far as band tones and styles: Kreator, Dream Evil, Immortal, Hammerfall, Dragonforce, Older Sepultura, Belphegor, Mercenary (Denmark) to name a few. So I'm pretty much thinking ubershall, powerball or a deizel of some sort. I'm going to try an ubershall this weekend if the music store actually has one in stock this time.

Comment

The Uber is NOT versatile???!!!...let me say THIS..I'm not versatile..I'm a one track mind in my playing style..take Zakk, Dime and Kerry King and throw that shit in a blender..that's my school.

It has GREAT clean tones...and it can be tamed to be crisp and defined as a plexi and tweaked to a AC/DC ..JMP .."flick of the switch" tone...to Iced Earth and Nevermore and such..I'd say that's pretty good stretch..Hell I do Van Halen with this shit.

Unlike ANY other amp head I've ever owned or heard....the Uber can cover ALOT of sonic ground and cover it very well.

Eric..Kreator , Mercenary and stuff..hell man no prob..I thought one of my tunes I posted was very At The Gates sounding ..but everyone told me it sounded like Kreator. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yes man..it can do ALL of that shit..well like no other amp I heard...Metal up your fucking ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Uber would rip your dick off..if you heard my tone..your dick would be in your shirt pocket..I got this baby nailed!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Sorry to sound like I'm boasting..but I had this thing going on four years now..and you won't see it for sale anytime soon man. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Herbert's are really, REALLY killer but, also on the wallet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

If you are considering Bogner or Diezel, you might want to check out the Steavens Poundcake!

http://www.steavens.com
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I'd really like to try out or even find a LARRY amp. They are extremely rare and hard to get. Iced Earth's guitarist uses one and it has killer tone. I was able to try out an ubershall and I must say the high gain channel is BRUTAL. The only thing I didn't like was that you can get a lot of feedback at low volumes and the clean channel wasn't as good as my ultralead, IMO. I've pretty much narrowed it done to either the Ubershall or an engl powerball. I did hear a diezel live and that was a cool head. I just don't know if I want to dish out that much cash.

Comment

uberschall all the way. ok, i have not played one, but i HATED the powerball i used for a gig once. the uber on the other hand is supposed to be a killer head, kinda like a marshall on super steroids

Comment

Have any of you ever had your amps voodoo modded? I found a sound clip of an ultralead voodoo modded and it sound ok. I think they even mod an ubershall, but I don't know for what. Here's a link for the modded ultralead. It's not my style of music, but the tone isn't too bad. http://www.myspace.com/FarewellRadiance It's basically now do I sell the ultralead and get an ubershall or mod the ultralead?

Comment

Keep the UL man, you'll miss it.

As far as suggestions...go out and listen to whatever you can get your ears on (even Maeshall and Mesa) and not so much on clips. The SLO gets tagged the tone panacea around here but its not for everyone. Only YOUR ears will tell you whats for you. Try out the power ball, Diezel and Uber. If budget is an issue take the cheapest one but keep the UL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Since you already have a killer amp with the UL why not change something else in the chain and see how you like it? Try something different than the EMG's...that may be your problem right there bro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just kiding, I'm not a fan of actives [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], nonetheless, try that out.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

+1 on what shawn said. call some friends with different guitars/pickups and try some other stuff with your VHT. you may find a cool passive pickup that gives you what you want and you will only spend $70, istead of $2000!!!

you never know...
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

UBER!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                        X