Tried a Krank today! I don't know how they did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried a Krank today! I don\'t know how they di

They were supposedly used on the new Arch Enemy CD "Doomsday Machine"... which might explain why I don't like the tone of it. AE's "Wages of Sin" sounds way better to me, and it was recorded with PV 5150s.

Comment

I had a Krank Revolution for all of 3 days the thing sucks ass
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I've tried to check out the Kranks whenever I can, mostly because they're a local company here. Like atilla said, I find the Chadwick interesting. Now that they have a two-channel version of it, I'd consider one, mostly because it has a good clean sound and is dead quiet with regards to noise. Not such a fan of the Revolution or the Krankenstein, but that's mostly because it's just not the type of sound I'm looking for (my current amp is a '96 Fender Twin). I asked the guy I take my amp to about them and he said they have what he called a modulator in them. He said that's what makes them sound like a solid state amp.

Comment

century media + krank = true? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

"I asked the guy I take my amp to about them and he said they have what he called a modulator in them. He said that's what makes them sound like a solid state amp."

A tube amp manufacturer trying to make their amp sound like a solid state amp?

Interesting....

Comment

Listening to a CD and trying to figure out what they played through is a pretty lost cause. Most modern bands create a composite tone from several different amps. I remember reading that Lamb of God went with 60% Mark IV, 30% JCM 800, 10% SansAmp on "Ashes of the Wake".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                "I asked the guy I take my amp to about them and he said they have what he called a modulator in them. He said that's what makes them sound like a solid state amp."

Interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]
                I don't know if that was intentional, but look who they were building them for. First tube amp that Dime ever liked better than his Randall.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

Interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I don't know if that was intentional, but look who they were building them for. First tube amp that Dime ever liked better than his Randall.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Kage, did you happen to notice the RG100HT rackmounted head in one of the rooms?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    century media + krank = true? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this, now? That could be the ticket to where they get the $$$.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      And Kage, did you happen to notice the RG100HT rackmounted head in one of the rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Ah, yes, I forgot that you pointed that out when we were there.

Comment

Well, you CAN only polish a turd so much applies to many things, but like a few of the guys mentioned above, Studio Magic is the most over-looked thing when people discuss recordings and tone, etc.

I learned this quickly working in a small studio. Some compression, some Eq can totally re-shape the sound of a distorted guitar signal. Essentially, a distorted guitar sound ISNT a complex thing to edit, nor is it a dynamic waveform, fairly simple, and simple to make sound good!!

Layer a few tracks, scoop the mids, add some low end and compression, and blammo, u can make a 1 watt marshall mini amp sound like a powerhouse! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm surprised Kranks are not endorsed by KISS.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Krank doesn't have THAT much money!

Comment

Working...
                            X