Tried a Krank today! I don't know how they did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a Krank today! I don't know how they did it

...but they managed to make a tube amp sound like a old Peavey solid state amp! I forgot the model, but it wasn't the Dime amp. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Re: Tried a Krank today! I don\'t know how they did it

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

bwahahahahah! That rox!

Comment

I've tried the Krankenstein (Dimebag Sig. Amp) and it sounded the same. Like a POS Peavey Bandit... actually I've heard better from a Bandit.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Krankenstein I tried was way too bright, shrill, and trebly w/o any balls, thickness or warmth whatsoever. Think icepick to the forehead as fired from a .50 cal gun. I hope they are paying their endorsees well... because these amps sound like ass (and I'm being kind).

Comment

Allrighty then!

Why would a new upstart company bother going through the manufacturing and marketing process and put out a mediocre release... Seems pretty stupid...

Comment

Re: Tried a Krank today! I don\'t know how they di

[ QUOTE ]
            ...but they managed to make a tube amp sound like a old Peavey solid state amp! I forgot the model, but it wasn't the Dime amp. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            +++1

The one I played sounded like the cheap SS amp I had when I was in High School 20 + years ago. It also reminded me alot of the Warhead I played a while back. Just goes to show you , tubes can suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Check out this mp3 that was done using a Krank, it doesn't suck to my ears:

http://www.andysneap.com/downloads/MP3s/rta.mp3
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Allrighty then!

Why would a new upstart company bother going through the manufacturing and marketing process and put out a mediocre release... Seems pretty stupid...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... why? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Probably the same reason they used to sell amps on eBay awhile back and in their listings put statements like "Our amps blow Bogner, Soldano, and Mesa away"... "Our amps eat Rectos for lunch" and other such assanine/cheesey tag lines. They even sank so far as to post bogus reviews on HC... hence the reason that there are no reviews for Krank Amps in the HC database.

As for listening to clips, that's all it is... a clip. Hell, I can make my POD XT sound freaking amazing thru a pair of PC speakers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now try to get the same result while standing in front of the amp or while using it in a live band mix... sort of different eh?

I've played and owned quite a few tube amps and IMHO Kranks suck ass... unless perhaps you're on krank.

YMMV (especially if you're hearing impaired or musically challenged). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Not awesome, but if it is a compliment, it doesn't suck. haha...

Whatever Loomis used on the last CD at Sneap's, sounds pretty friggin serious though...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The one I played sounded like the cheap SS amp I had when I was in High School 20 + years ago. It also reminded me alot of the Warhead I played a while back. Just goes to show you , tubes can suck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the tubes sucking... just the extremely poorly designed preamp they unfourtunately happen to be attached to.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      They even sank so far as to post bogus reviews on HC... hence the reason that there are no reviews for Krank Amps in the HC database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really like to hear the full story on this. I was just browsing HC for Krank reviews last night, and was surprised to find that there were none.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        They even sank so far as to post bogus reviews on HC... hence the reason that there are no reviews for Krank Amps in the HC database.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really like to hear the full story on this. I was just browsing HC for Krank reviews last night, and was surprised to find that there were none.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much to it. In a lame attempt to jumpstart their business (in the loosest sense of the word), reps from Krank Amps posted bogus/false/BS positive reviews in the HC database. They then went on to post BS threads in the HC Amp Forum to help sell amps. The Admins at HC caught them redhanded and banned all Krank reviews. Total POS company w/o any ethics whatsoever... and after playing one of their amps myself, I can't say I'm surprised. All I know is they must be paying their endorsees a boatload of cash to play those POS amps... because they certainly aren't using them for their great sound.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow ..I never seen so much HATE for a new amp as I do these Kranks..No a single good decent about them..

Not just here..everywhere.

Fuggum.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Fuggum.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Whatever Loomis used on the last CD at Sneap's, sounds pretty friggin serious though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,a studio and a good producer can make the difference and make a ss amp sounds powerfull and tight so...it's also possible that krank amps are better for studio purposes than live performance,expecially if mixed with other amp to fill freqs...

Comment

Working...
                              X