I bought a powerball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I bought a powerball.

poison: Man i'm just hooked on mine. since i got this cab all three of my heads came to life (powerball, '79 JMP and peavey ultra plus) i had played them through many cabs and all 3 heads sounded best to me through the splawn without a doubt. there is just some magic to his wood choice, internal cab size, speaker combo etc that just works and brings amps to life. i wish i was getting paid for selling them but alas i have no affiliation with Splawn aside from being one of the happiest customers in the world lol. Splawn products, amps and cabs and Scott himself are of the very few things in the music industry i would 110% stand behind....the guy just plain out knows his tone (and is real nice)! my next amp will be a Splawn quick rod for sure...hopefully soon!

glad i could help you out with your choice and i highly highly doubt you will be sorry you picked the splawn!

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

yeah...we're going to go for a splawn cab. probably pick it up late next month or so.

Comment

i use a bogner uberkab with my powerball and it sounds awsome. i had a recto cab and i liked it. i also have a marshall 1936 cab and it sounds good but not as good as the bogner or recto.

Comment

hey dude..if you ever want to sell that Uberkab..gimme a heads up will ya.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bill
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

what kind of speakers are in the Splawn?

Comment

I think you can choose among several. V-30's are definitly in there, G75's too, and that hybrid greenback V30 thing is possible too I believe.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

YES nice welcome to the powerball club [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                heres a pic to get you pumped for it, (PS for a cab buy a Mesa Traditional)

Comment

I was running my powerball thru a mesa traditional and a marshall 1960b the mesa is loud as fuck but I get way to much highs so I switched back to a pair of marshalls 1960a+b
                  I am liking the sound better thickened the amp up alot
                  www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I like it with the Carvin Legacy Cab right now. we're going to get the splawn cab though in due time.

Comment

I heard NOTHING but awesomeness about these fuggin' Splawn cabs drom credible folks..thinkin' of a Uberkab..which would be nice because it matches..or a Splawn myself.

I'm just using a Marshall 1960A cab..it sounds good...but if I could improve it..that's a good thing! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Drip bro..when you get that splawn PM my ass and tell me what's up!!!

Bill
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                      X