My new amp competition:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new amp competition:

I'm dyslexic today...I meant 9 oclock for the low contour.

Comment

Yep with Rupe said...use the low end wisely....you cant crank it all the eay up until your whole romms vibrates....to the point where yout sound is lost..

In my Marsahll rig I keep both channels of the low end at about 1:00 antythin to much more than tha doesn't make it "flubby" ..more like bloated..and the definitions slighlty less around 12:30 but that is considering Marshall doesn't have the low end of a 5150...

with a 5150 work between the resonace and the low on the BBE until you get the right amount of low end with the least amount of flub...experiment..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Peavey VTM is inexpensive and can be modded to be a flame thrower.

Comment

damn - with the 401 even with knobs flat at noon (or was it a misconception that they were flat) it felt too processed.

Comment

out of those I'd take the JCM800 w/o question but I'm biased and do no nu-metal detuned stuff
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              damn - with the 401 even with knobs flat at noon (or was it a misconception that they were flat) it felt too processed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knobs at noon on these can way too much for some rigs, especially the lows. Turn tehm all the way back and then dial it up until you have what you like. I never used the 401 so I can't comment about it specifically.

Comment

Working...
              X