Soldano or Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soldano or Marshall

The SLO eq thing is what drove me to Engl. I run different eq for my clean vs. nasty channels.

Comment

Yeah. I live near the New York border.... Upstate that is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The SLO eq thing is what drove me to Engl. I run different eq for my clean vs. nasty channels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand that. However, if the shared EQ is the only thing that really bugs someone with a SLO, it's pretty easy to put an EQ in the loop and just switch it when you channel switch to get two completely different EQ settings for the two channels.

I have a SLO and agree with all the praise. Someone mentioned never hearing anything bad about them. I certainly can see some short comings in the SLO. The above mentioned loop sucks, big time. The shared EQ, as mentioned. The clean is fine, but it's not great. It stands up fine to most multi-channel high gain amps, but there's no comparison with something like a BF Fender. There's some things to remind youself of if you're fighting SLO GAS. I'm not about to sell mine though! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Tough Call 2 great amps.....Soldano is the "Naked lady on your lap" People will trip. I like Mike's Stuff, Though when I toured with KISS, as loong asI re-tubed and bias before every run, I never had a problem..Its the tone factor.

Comment

Working...
          X