Whats wrong with my 5150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats wrong with my 5150?

Depends on what you use them for; they get mixed reviews overall.

Go to www.tubestore.com even if you don't intend to buy online; they basically tell
    you what each tube type and grade is good
    for. I glanced quickly at Eurotubes and it looks like he does somewhat the same,
    but at Tubestore if I recall the descriptions are right there with the stock # and price, so that's convenient.

You really should consider buying online
    if you possibly can. Better selection and lower price than the local guy trying
    to pawn off whatever he has left on you.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Slayer!,..Are you talking about the EH EL34's or the newer EH EL34/6CA7s? I have a set of the regular EH EL34's in an older Engl 50/50 power amp but was looking for a slitely rounder tone I thought the EH 6CA7's would do the trick but I asked a guy at a local music store what the difference in sound would be and he said "They sound pretty much the same" It sounds like he's full of [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Turn it up! my brother's 5150 was being kind of disapointing until we turned the post gain knob past just past 5. The pre is at around 6 I think. And it sounds frikken insane. It is awesome. I'm getting one, because it just kicks so much ass. No EQ needed...a noise gate is needed though.

Comment

Working...
        X