Laney Amp for 80s/Jake E Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JS122615 View Post
    Anyone know anything about Peavy Bandits? Some people say the Bandit 65 and a guy is selling a Bandit 112 for $300 near me..
    Those were solid state. In my humble opinion, one of the shittiest sounding amps ever made.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Randall RG200D?

Comment

Also any of you guys know anything about the Peavy ValveKings? $400 bucks for 100w head and cab

Comment

Pretty much any of the amps you've mentioned can do what you want, it will be up to the input (you) to get the sounds out of them.

You could get a Marshall DSL combo for under 500 bucks, and it would do 80s rock with ease.
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Laney AOR. Can be had for $350-400. There is a Laney page on Facebook where good deals can be had. I've noticed craigslist,facebook,and reverb tend to way overprice them. The 50watt and 100watt are very similar in volume so don't be afraid to get a 50. Great amps, I'll never sell mine.

Comment

Where are you in NC? How many watts do you need? Are you looking for a gigging amp, jam amp, bedroom amp?

Plenty of stuff out there on NC's Craigslist and FB trader boards. It's just a matter of deciding what your requirements are and looking into what's out there.

As to your question, Laney will most certainly nail 80's and beyond tones. The 6 knob Laney Pro Tubes are pretty much JCM800's, and the 8 knob Pro Tubes are hot rodded Marshalls.

Crate Stealths nail 80's tone all day, as do the Ampeg VL501/1001, VL502/1002, and VL503 amps. They can all be had for under $500, and are designed by the amp tech to the 80's rock gods, Lee Jackson.

You can find Marshall DSL amps under or around $500 used if you look. Occasionally a JVM or JCM900 floats by near that price, but ....

Any of the above can do the sounds you want, but they're all tube amps, and as such, sound better at volumes that aren't family/apartment/neighbor friendly.

Randall's will usually be solid state. Marshall MG's, AVT's, Valvestate will also be solid state. Some folks don't like SS amps. I prefer tube, but your mileage may vary.

Tons of amps in your price range to choose from...check out some youtube videos to see which ones have the sound you like...

Comment

Working...
              X