Ditched the Splawn Quick Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
    The Line 6 DT's are tube, which is likely why he is suggesting them.

You get the options of Line 6, but still tube driven
    Yep.

Originally posted by markD View Post
    plus, isn't the DT designed by Bogner? I know the Alchemist was - but what about the DT?
    Yep.

Tube driven power section with HD amp models. Mine sounded great! Tons of options with them, and if you update them firmware, it goes from 4 amp models to something like 20. It's one of the "wish I still had" amps, but I went back to the AxeFx.
    Last edited by chrisolson; 06-14-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

What I'm noticing here is that what he is looking for is a "Marshall" sound. The obvious answer is eliminate everything else and just look at Marshalls. The L6/Bogner stuff sounds a lot more L6 than it does Bogner, not even close!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        What I'm noticing here is that what he is looking for is a "Marshall" sound. The obvious answer is eliminate everything else and just look at Marshalls. The L6/Bogner stuff sounds a lot more L6 than it does Bogner, not even close!
        Yep, that's pretty much it and Marshall is all I'm shopping right now.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Hm. Well I guess that DQ's the Plexi, JCM800, JTM, & Park models on the DT. Oh well...I tried. You can lead a horse to water...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Hm. Well I guess that DQ's the Plexi, JCM800, JTM, & Park models on the DT. Oh well...I tried. You can lead a horse to water...
            I appreciate it, but I'm just not pursuing modeling right now. I'm looking for that organic type of sound I had on the JCM 800. I just miss that.

Comment

Update: I went to GC on Saturday to try out a Marshall. While I was there, it occurred to me that the Quick Rod has had time to be out on the floor, but it wasn't. I asked and sure enough, someone had already put it on layaway.

So whoever snagged it, I wish them all the best. It's definitely a "niche" type of amp, so maybe whoever bought it will like it for the same reasons I hated it.

Comment

Working...
              X