Picked up this awesome gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up this awesome gem

A 5-space head shell for my rack. Splawn built it in 2 weeks and I don't know why I chose purple. Just felt compelled to make it purple.

For you rack guys Splawn will customize the head shell for you to almost any color, size, and head shell style. They did a good job on mine.

I'll bet that gets a nice transparent tone......

But seriously, it looks great. I recently got turned on to Splawn and I'm looking into them now. The demos I've heard sounded incredible.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
      I'll bet that gets a nice transparent tone......

But seriously, it looks great. I recently got turned on to Splawn and I'm looking into them now. The demos I've heard sounded incredible.
      Haha it's pretty much doing nothing right now. I'm in a holding pattern until April when the gear I ordered finally gets released.

Currently waiting on....

Korg Pitchblack Pro tuner

I'm still undecided about a rack EQ.

Still waiting on my ISP Decimator ProRack G

....and still waiting on my E-II ESP Horizon NT-7B

Basically I'm waiting.

Comment

That's pretty cool! Wonder if they could make one that houses a Kemper toaster?

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
          Haha it's pretty much doing nothing right now. I'm in a holding pattern until April when the gear I ordered finally gets released.

Currently waiting on....

Basically I'm waiting.
          This is actually the first time I've heard of this concept, where you can put rack gear in a head and transport. I love the idea, though.

Comment

Very nice indeed and great concept. I had a Splawn Quick Rod amazing amps. Sold mine though just too loud for bedroom playing That Horizon is fkn awesome too! Great stuff. I've been on the edge about getting another ESP but imagine I will pickup up one soon thanks to your post

Comment

PowerTube I forgot to mention those clips on the Splawn website are accurate. their amps truly sound like their clips. They are the most honest and professional company I've ever encountered and they only have 3 people working there. If you call them Scott Splawn answers the phone. If you place an order for an amp you pay half upfront, it generally takes about 2 months until your new amp arrives at your door, and their cabs I would say are equal to Mesa Boogie in quality and sound.

z1n you know you like the ESP. Oh yes! Think how much fun it would be to sling a 7 banger Baritone in some really low tunings.

Here is a shitty pic of the mess.

I don't know what it is but Splawn and Mesa Boogie really do it for me. It's weird and cool all at the same time.

Comment

PowerTube I forgot to mention those clips on the Splawn website are accurate. their amps truly sound like their clips. They are the most honest and professional company I've ever encountered and they only have 3 people working there. If you call them Scott Splawn answers the phone. If you place an order for an amp you pay half upfront, it generally takes about 2 months until your new amp arrives at your door, and their cabs I would say are equal to Mesa Boogie in quality and sound..
                Since I started looking into them I've been reading more and more great things like this. And their clips really do sound awesome.

Comment

Have a look at these...https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=009bb100b7

Comment

It has a very airy sound, lol. I would love one! Splawn's are hard to beat definitely one the best amps out there today. Beats the crap out of Boogie for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ps43203 View Post
                      It has a very airy sound, lol. I would love one! Splawn's are hard to beat definitely one the best amps out there today. Beats the crap out of Boogie for me anyway.
                      They keep me happy. I like to go to the source you see, too many "guitar centers" out there, so I simply call a manufacturer up on the phone and make the magic happen myself. It is so nice to actually speak to the person who built your amp that I highly recommend the experience to all.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                        This is actually the first time I've heard of this concept, where you can put rack gear in a head and transport. I love the idea, though.
                        Some years ago when the beans were spilling about bands using a miked amp backstage that was different from the shells they piled on stage for the audience, I thought about converting a Marshall head shell to a rack and then having a dummy faceplate with fake knobs and all. Let the gear slutz try to figure out how you're getting those tones from a single-channel amp and no pedals

You could even use like a Fender Showman faceplate with an MP-1 and Marshall 9100 behind it. Or a modeler, these days

Or just do the RUSH thing and have a fridge converted to an amp.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I remember that! It was Maiden I think. Or Priest?

Comment

Currently waiting on....

Basically I'm waiting.
                            Looks cool! Just got my Korg Pitchblack pro last week and I love it. Works really nice.
                            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I remember that! It was Maiden I think. Or Priest?
                              It was a pic posted here. I wanna say it was a "smaller" band. They had a Trainwreck combo or something behind the wall of Marshall cab shells that were just plywood facades.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X