X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
    Now, now Shawn

Don't believe everything the wife says

I really am....I still have all my hair too.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Did everyone forget about PUTTING ON A SHOW? That's part of the deal. A 1x12 combo may sound great, but man...boring!

Comment

^That's where these come in handy:

Comment

Show is one thing.
          Volume at 11 is one thing.

But when physical space is limited on the stage, i hope your rig sounds good without the 4 8x12...

Comment

2 heads (1 for backup in case of colossal failure), 1 4x12. Done.

For pedals I could basically just have a tuner and be good to go
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

here is my live rig...I cart this to 200 seaters and make the rest of the band set up behind the wall LOL
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

here is what i DO drag to every gig - minus the tele. not too big...

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I may be heading this way, 'cos one of the guys who used to play with my band before I joined is moving back into town and we may haul him in for his vocals. He insists on running a full stack, whereas I weaned them off big amps to the point where I was running a mic'ed Pro Jr. at one gig and they were all trying to see where the real amp was hiding ;-) First gig I played with them I showed up with my Laney VC30 and the drummer was all "How's that pissy little thing going to be loud enough". Thirty seconds later he'd changed to "Ok. I believe you. Now turn the fucking thing down" ;-)

Now if Paul comes back in and insists on having his side of the stage all stacked up then I may just have to give Ceriatone a call.
                  Model 3
                  Model 5A
                  Model 3B
                  Journeyman
                  Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Wow..you guys are still all here,man we're gettin' old eh!
                    I'm still using this.Granted it's a pain to haul but I sure like the tone it puts out.I can't run the dual past 2 usually at 1.5 and the 20/20 at 4. The rect.is all dry and straight in from the guitar through a radial amp switcher while the rack and 2x12 are all wet

I use a Fender hot rod deluxe and pod xt live at a ski lodge we play at where we have to haul gear up 3 flights of stairs not the same tone though works as long as we play classic rock and blues based material.

Comment

Mesa Single Recto head, Peavey 5150 4 x 12 cab, Boss GT-8 in manual mode for effects only and a wah on the floor.

Comment

well, since my last post in this thread i have reduced my rig. now i am just running a marshall 3203, a 1936, a pedal board with mostly MXR boxes:

* TC polytune
                        * MXR dyna comp
                        * MXR classic distortion (for clean boost)
                        * MXR phase 90
                        * MXR custom bad-ass OD
                        * MXR prime distortion
                        * MXR smart gate

i MAY get a 6 space flight rack and rebuild the GCX switching rig in a smaller get-up, but for now this gets the job done. i switched because i joined a country band (along with Autumn's Pain) and i really just wanted ONE rig for both bands. i was using a fender excelsior and the custom bad-ass OD with the country band, and the tone was KILLER, but it didn't fill enough of the room (13 watts, a single 15" speaker and a volume control). who knows, i may go BACK to that - but for now it is all marshall. the little marshall kills for hard rock and i am getting some beautiful tones with my fender and gretsch guitars for the country band.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

John, I think the real question is... why other peoples large rig bothers you?
                          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                            John, I think the real question is... why other peoples large rig bothers you?
                            you know why.....

Comment

Average club players that gig all the time have reasonable sized rigs that are dependable, not that complicated and sound great.
                              Everything else is either pro's with road crews or furniture that never goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                Average club players that gig all the time have reasonable sized rigs that are dependable, not that complicated and sound great.
                                Everything else is either pro's with road crews or furniture that never goes out.
                                I would agree with this. I posted a video a little while back of my bands reunion show. While it was an absolute blast to run the jmp1/9200 rig with 2 412s, and it sounded glorious, that wouldn't even be feasible in pretty much any other club here. I have a Marshall 112 or a Mesa 212 that are my 'gig rig' cabinets.
                                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X