Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best bedroom amp you guys have used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I don't see my wife letting me put my Dual Monobloc, JMP-1 and Eventide Eclipse V-4 in the bedroom. If I did that would be the best bedroom amp.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      Somehow I don't see my wife letting me put my Dual Monobloc, JMP-1 and Eventide Eclipse V-4 in the bedroom. If I did that would be the best bedroom amp.
      The trick is to disguise the rack they're housed in as a small table, maybe even paint the rack to look like a few books on shelves
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        The trick is to disguise the rack they're housed in as a small table, maybe even paint the rack to look like a few books on shelves
        That's actually a pretty good idea Rudy!
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          That's actually a pretty good idea Rudy!
          Feel free to use it, no charge but seriously, sometimes we have to get creative in these situations
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            Feel free to use it, no charge but seriously, sometimes we have to get creative in these situations
            Thankfully I have friends like you guys here so I don't have to be very creative. I just ask!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              I just tried the H&K Tubemeister 18 combo and that sounded pretty damn good. The Engl Ironball samples I've heard sounded awesome, but that's running through a 4x12 which isn't what I really want to do..
              Right now I'm using a Tubemeister 5 and really digging it. The silent recording feature
              is amazing. To my ears, it sounds way better this way than through a speaker, but I
              just got it a few weeks ago and not done experimenting yet. Seems to take pedals
              very well when run clean. The EQ's a bit tricky, though. You get a great tone, then
              flip the toggle to another PUP and a HUGE difference in tone?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                I guess where I was going with these is an all-tube tone bedroom amp, where you can also flip a switch or whatever and bring it along to do a band practice or small venue gig.

But if you're just looking for a straight-up small bedroom amp for nothing but low-volume home practice with good tones (but not used for anything else), I'd consider going with a Roland Micro Cube. They're pretty cool if your needs are narrower.

The Tubemeisters allow you to run a line out to the PA via a cabinet simulated DI, so you
                don't need to even bring a speaker cab with ya!

Comment

Engl Gigmaster 15, sounds great at 1 watt setting.

Comment

I really like the Roland Micro Cube.
                    Set the amp knob to R'fier and the FX to a little delay and you get instant arena shred solo right in your bedroom!
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

There are two things that make or break an amp for me, and this applies to modelers, tube amps, and solid state, full stacks, tiny practice combos, you name it. They are CLARITY and DEFINITION.

1. It must have definition in the high-gain modes at full saturation. If it does that Peavey-esque "pfft" sound like a well-executed fart, then it's out. I love a tight, well-defined "chunka-chunka" rhythm feel and well-defined lead sound. In other words, CLARITY. The older Line 6 Flextone and Vetta have this. The Spiders DO NOT and never have.

2. Similar to above, it must have full saturation. I hate that Jimmy Page "sort of distorted, sort of not" sound. I like thick, warm, majestic, with a little bit of delay and reverb.

Here's an example for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qWeMiDrvyo

I have a Vox DA5 mini amp and it will "sort of" do it. So did the Roland Micro Cube and most other small amps I've tried.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                      X