Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best bedroom amp you guys have used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best bedroom amp you guys have used?

Title says it all
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I have an old solid state 10 watt Marshall Micro stack I use. It's not the best thing in the world but it's got good distortion and a decent enough clean channel. I can't fire up full stacks in the house when my wife is around.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Marshall 2104 combo 50 watts 1978 ex Thin Lizzy

For my needs I find small amps to be a waste of time. However the tone of my combo even on low channel is pretty cool and it even has master volume. I also like that I have enough power to play with a drummer if I should want to do so.
      What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

DSL100 1/2 Stack.

Funny that Lefty mentioned those old 12 watt Micro Stacks. I have a pair for sale, a Silver Jubilee and a regular black one. I've come to the conclusion I love my DSL100 and nothing else gets used any more. Dumping all my small / tube / combo amps and just sticking to 1/2 stacks with sealed 4x12s or 4x10s.

Comment

Marshall JVM1, 1 watt combo, NOS RCA tubes, Deltalab Effectron delay, also run it thru a Marshall 1960 4x2 cab, glorious tube sounds at low volumes. All I need to shred.
          Last edited by jspeed; 11-23-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Axe FX 2 through studio monitors.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

PC w/ a SB music extreme sound card w/IO bay, Guitar Rig 5,Grado SR 80 headphones..

ever so often I play through the randall or with the SGX 2000/ Randal.. when there is no one home
              GEAR:
              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
              AMPS:
              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

VHT special 6 ultra. its a fucking monster at low volumes.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Axe FX 2 through studio monitors.
                  That must sound animal, props!

Comment

+ 1 on the Axe Fx

My Mesa Mark V also sounds great at any volume. Mesa's get almost all the tone from the Pre-Amp section.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
                      + 1 on the Axe Fx

My Mesa Mark V also sounds great at any volume. Mesa's get almost all the tone from the Pre-Amp section.
                      My Mark V also sounds good at low volume. Not so however for my Dual Recto which sounds crappy at low volume but comes to life turned up. My Bogners also have great master volumes for low volume (Esctasy, Uberschall). But really its hard to beat any version of the Axe Fx for bedroom volumes. I have an Axe Fx Ultra and the guys above already said Axe Fx II.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Comment

Has anyone tried the JCM1 800 1watt combo? I've been wanting to play one and try it out.

Comment

Orange Dark Terror head through 2 Marshall 1x12s. Real nice tube distortion at low volumes.

Comment

the BEST bedroom amp I have ever used was a mesa mark IV. it sounded SOOOOOO amazing at low volumes. the problem? it sucked vicious cock-cheese when cranked to stage volume. it hated every cab I had also. such a disappointment since it was my dream amp
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X