Joined the Axe-FX 2 club today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    They had a 'blow out' on the MFC-101 Mk 2's the other day. Are you on the list for a Mk 3?
    That may have been slightly tempting, but yeah I'm on the list for the new one.

Comment

That's cool. I like the new silent switching on the Mk.3. I figure since the buttons are just momentary anyways, there's no need for them to go "Klunk" when you step on them.

Have you tried out the ultrarez stuff yet? I bought the OH producer pack, but they gave away some nice IR's with FW13 too. My fingers hurt and my ears are ringing!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I just loaded Fractal Bot / FW 13 today and got Axe Edit up and running. Pretty slick stuff. It all went very smoothly, but I didn't load the new IR's yet. I got it set up as a USB audio device as well. Looking good!

Comment

I wonder if the UltraRes IRs will be that much of a difference.....enough that it could easily be noticed in blind testing.

Comment

Well, the improved power amp modeling of 12.04 really made a big feel difference. Ultrares definitely sounds more open and natural to my ear, but it could be placebo. Make no mistake, 12.x sounded fantastic too, but I can dial in a sound I like way faster and easier with the ultra cabs.

I was impressed enough with the 10 sample cabs to buy the $99 Ownhammer ultrares bundle that they are selling. I've only been using the Mix IR's so far but I also grabbed Cab-Lab so I can mix my own up later. I've updated all my band presets to ultrares cabs. We don't have practice this week but I'll play it with the band next week and see if anyone notices a difference in sound or not.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              I just loaded Fractal Bot / FW 13 today and got Axe Edit up and running. Pretty slick stuff. It all went very smoothly, but I didn't load the new IR's yet. I got it set up as a USB audio device as well. Looking good!
              The preset and cab manager built in to the new axe edit are awesome tools. I was able to drag and drop sets of the mix ir's from the new producer pack and have everything uploaded in an organized manner in about 2 minutes. That was the moment the newly announced XL model suddenly made sense to me, becuase I filled those cab slots up FAST. But in the end I usually settle on 4-5 cabs that I prefer and use them with similar types of amps. But if I was, say a professional producer instead of a hack guitarist, those extra slots would be mighty handy.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Well...the Kemper is a free-roaming toaster, whereas the Axe is captive in its rack...
                I haven't loaded the new cabs yet, but at least the FW 13 upgrade went well. The nice thing - I've been able to shut off the "low cut" switch on all my presets. Something changed, and I like it. I'm also thinking I will be shutting off the bright switch on most as well. Lots of good stuff going on with this update!

In other news, I did the FW 2.3 upgrade to the Kemper, and wouldn't you know it...it shit the bed during the FW upgrade... I googled the error I was getting and was quickly able to fix it though.

Almost dumped the Kemper with the release of the Line 6 Amplifi, but after demoing it, and seeing the price jump on Kempers if I were to want to buy it again, I decided to keep what I have...which is probably why the Kemper acted up... Clearly I can't mention selling any gear moving forward. :idea:

Comment

Lots of technical talk on this thread. I would like to add to it. I am thinking about going from a 15' guitar cord to a 20' when going from my Morley Bad Horsie wah pedal to my Musicman Luke.
                  Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Lots of technical talk on this thread. I would like to add to it. I am thinking about going from a 15' guitar cord to a 20' when going from my Morley Bad Horsie wah pedal to my Musicman Luke.
                    Hope that helps.
                    I don't know that it will help your tone much, but the fringe benefit would be that you could stand five feet farther away from that shitty tube amp sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      I don't know that it will help your tone much, but the fringe benefit would be that you could stand five feet farther away from that shitty tube amp sound.
                      Well played!

Hope that helps.
                      I think I have a preset that models that?

Comment

That 5 extra feet of cable will cut your highs a bit due to increased capacitance there John. Of course you could easily cure that with a PEQ block after the input. Oh, wait a second... :think:
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hope that helps.
                          improve your sound by sending your signal in the other direction
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Dumb question from a casual lurker, how much does an Axe-FX II cost, new or used?

Comment

Check ebay
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

New they are about $2500. Used slightly less, price varying depending on if it is a Mark I or Mark II.
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X