Joined the Axe-FX 2 club today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the Axe-FX 2 club today!

I ordered one last week and it showed up this evening. First impressions are the 11 rack actually holds up pretty well against it in a base amp modeling scenario as well as reverb quality. The rest of the effects and the ability to set very deep parameters are a step above though.

It's going to take me a couple weeks to get a handle on this thing but I hope to play a series of xmas gigs with it so I need to get it and my footswitch all figured out fast.

One thing I notice over other modelers I've used is there is a ton more bottom end from this thing.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

get the ownhammer Modern (or vintage) IR'S for recording and FRFR, they make a big difference
    Welcome aboard!
    are you using this with a power amp or with an FRFR type of speaker?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

another one bites the dust.

Comment

Congrats! I love my Axe FX Ultras to death. Best all-in-one tone solution I have ever found.

I thought about upgrading to the Axe FX II as well but I'm waiting for them to get the librarian program up and running. After dicking around with the MIDI interfaces issues on the Ultras I find the USB interface on the II very appealing but I require a stable editor and librarian for patch management or I might was well stick with what I have.

Comment

I got mine a month ago but, I will be using mine strictly as a FX processor with my TriAmp2. At some point, I might go FRFR but for now, I'm happy where I am at.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I will be using it FRFR for mono monitoring and stereo to FOH. We play in a relatively low volume environment so going to a stack of doom wouldn't cut it. Since I'm playing all pop covers and Christmas songs I would like to take advantage of the tonal varieties available by using a FRFR setup.

I hope to do some tone matching with my acoustic to try and get away with doing a full gig with a single guitar, we'll see how that goes.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              another one bites the dust.
              Oh c'mon John. Just think of me as joining the league of legendary bedroom players.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                get the ownhammer Modern (or vintage) IR'S for recording and FRFR, they make a big difference
                Welcome aboard!
                are you using this with a power amp or with an FRFR type of speaker?
                Have you tried or heard feedback on the fractal producer packs?

I downloaded Pete Thorn's Divided by 13 IR and it sounds pretty good to me.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Oh c'mon John. Just think of me as joining the league of legendary bedroom players.
                  don't let John bust your chops. It wasn't that long ago that he was schooling us all on what a great gigging amp the Vetta was. You just need to know how to set it up. It was a real tube amp slayer
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Use the Basketweave TV. Thank me later.

Welcome aboard!!

Comment

I have some OH IR's -- they really color things a LOT to my ears...

Comment

Yeah I have a TON of stock IR's to get familiar with before I seek out others too much. I'm still coming from the 11 rack world where you have like 10 cabs to choose from. Having over 50 is kind of daunting because you never know off the bat which ones work for you with the 100's of amp models so there's a lot of trial and error there. I'm sure some are dogs with any amp though and those are the ones that will stand out for me at the beginning.

Going by most of the factory presets and the artist presets I've gotten hold of, I think I tend to go for a brighter tone than most. I'm blaming Steve Vai on the Skyscraper tour. I'm sure that concert did some hearing damage.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          don't let John bust your chops. It wasn't that long ago that he was schooling us all on what a great gigging amp the Vetta was. You just need to know how to set it up. It was a real tube amp slayer
                          Yep.. that was back in my "I think I have great live tone" days. Now I really do have it. 6 years of using tube amps live later... The thing I want to know is when are they going to come out with a grilled cheese maker preset for the Axe FX. But seriously..... I would like to get one eventually.

Comment

Well, if nothing else at least I am spending a couple hours extra a night playing guitar while I try to wrap my head around this thing.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

COngrats on the purchase. Christmas songs?

Gotta break out King Diamond's No Presents for Christmas

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...pAwTj06eh-o-sw
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X