No announcement yet.

6505+ head at Best Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey John haven't seen you around these parts in a while.

Comment

Yeah, been sort out of guitar mode. Tore three rotator tendons and the bicep in my left shoulder/arm, haven't been playing really. And sorta lost my taste for forums for quite a while even before that.

Been recovering from the surgery and started fishing around a bit here. I come and go More on Facebook (ugh) I guess. Hope you're doin' well my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        I'm sure they do sound great. The XXX has the similar low end of the 5150/6505 and I'd imagine are meant to take the punishement they dole out. Any idea what speakers are in them? I'm not really keeping up on that stuff lately.
        Inside pic of the cab: Peavey Triple XXX speakers.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Nice pic of the cab!
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
            Nice pic of the cab!
            Funny that Peavey made those speakers using a chrome finish when they are inside an enclosed cab and you will never see them except if you remove the 30 screws that close the rear panel...

JB aka BenoA

Comment

Thanks for posting another pic. I know nothing about Peaveys speakers. Are those made by Eminence (or other) for them? I've always heard that they were Sheffields but know nothing about them other than they do new metal sounds really well. The chrome is cool. Don't forget to finger print them all up before you put the cab back together. LOL
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Those are Sheffields. Honestly, I haven't heard a Peavey Sheffield I didn't like. I've heard the XXX, 1290, and 1200 (5150) and i've liked them all. There's others I like more and have no Sheffields now, but they are very good speakers.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Goddamn, all you 'mericans get all the awesome gear for dirt cheap.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                    Goddamn, all you 'mericans get all the awesome gear for dirt cheap.
                    You are right, 99% of the times, those deals don't cross the border to Canada but for once, the deal on those cabs was too good. I got them brand new with free shipping for 400$ each... I thought it wasn't bad for made in USA cabs.

I have read somewhere that the TripleX Sheffield speakers were made to mimic Celestion V30. But I may be wrong. Anyway, I can't compare them side by side but they do sound good with the 6505.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                      When I was running 5150s, I used Marshall 900 cabs. But, I always felt they sounded best with their own peavey cabs with the Sheffield speakers in them. You could run the resonance up higher and the amps had more definition and less flubb than my 900s. BillZ will likely second this if he bothers to comment more on a 5150 post, lol...
                      This this this this.

Comment

I need to find a Peavey cab for this thing. I hated unplugging the JCM...

Comment

I never knew the frames were chromed. Pretty cool.

Comment

6505+ with 4x12 cab loaded with V30's = pure metal bliss!
                            www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              Best Buy is clearing out music stuff. They closed that dept.
                              Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                              Err, no offense, but where did you hear that? I've heard rumors but never anything reliable. The ones in my area keep going strong (though my friend who worked there quit, dammit. I miss getting Gator ATA cases for $70.).
                              Guess I was right...

Comment

Working...
                              X