No announcement yet.

6505+ head at Best Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that why i've learned to take it out of the box and use the old, "no honey, I had this one in my parents basement for years, yeah yeah its the same one, you dont remember." It works with guitars anyway....

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
    e-mailed my buddy who manages the local GC. He beat the price. Quoted me $826...picking it up tomorrow.

I'm sure my wife just loves hearing "this deal is just too crazy to pass up", lol

Comment

Are they refurbs?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well I got my head from UPS yesterday and it's exactly what I hoped it would be...a new in box 6505+ head. I was afraid of it being a refurb as straycat said, or that it was really a 6505 (not+) or maybe a 6505 212 combo, or maybe even a total SKU screw up and the box would have a fancy coffee machine inside instead of the head. I also had wondered if these were ancient stock they were clearing, but the head actually came from Peavey in Meridian, MS. How kickass is that??! I unboxed it and plugged in to my 1960B cab and riffed away, forgot how killer these amps are. This is the best buy I've made in years. I'm really amped about this deal. Ok, enuff puns.
        Let go, let Guitar

Comment

I can't wait. My wife is picking mine up today while I am at work.

I'm a pure Marshall guy, but I've wanted to try one of these for a long time. I need more gain, I can't wait.

Comment

I can't wait. My wife is picking mine up today while I am at work.

I'm a pure Marshall guy, but I've wanted to try one of these for a long time. I need more gain, I can't wait.
            Well since I'm in Houston I'll probably hear it if you turn it up past 4...damn they are LOUD. You'll have gain and tone galore, these do so much more than just brutal metal tones like they're known for these days. I plugged my So-Cal straight in and just set the low/mid/hi/res/pres on 6 and started playing and an hour later I was like damn this thing rocks and I haven't even dialed it in yet/added any chorus or delay. Be sure and post what you think of it later when you crank it up, and make sure you have time to spare because you wont want to leave it alone.
            Let go, let Guitar

Comment

I have an '83 JCM 800 and a Mode Four, and I've just been missing something. I just can't seem to get the bite that I want. So when I saw this deal, and the local GC was gonna actually beat it, I had to jump on it. I hope I am not dissapointed.

Comment

I have an '83 JCM 800 and a Mode Four, and I've just been missing something. I just can't seem to get the bite that I want. So when I saw this deal, and the local GC was gonna actually beat it, I had to jump on it. I hope I am not dissapointed.
                Bob, let me know when you get it. I'd like to come over and play/hear it!

PM me if you don't have my number.

Comment

A voodoo modded one, (albeit, used) went just sold on eBay for about 550. I see its not a plus as later mentioned. I think the guy just wanted to attract more bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290727221320...ht_1713wt_1165

Comment

Originally posted by TX-Joe View Post
                    Bob, let me know when you get it. I'd like to come over and play/hear it!

PM me if you don't have my number.
                    Joe, I have it. If you want to swing by tonight, i will be setting it up. I will need help dialing it in. Not sure which cab to use, the JCM or Mode Four. I think the MF will take the power better.

Comment

Joe, I have it. If you want to swing by tonight, i will be setting it up. I will need help dialing it in. Not sure which cab to use, the JCM or Mode Four. I think the MF will take the power better.
                      I'm not familiar with the Mode 4 but I know the JCM 800 should work.
                      I'll call you around 6 and let you know if I'll be able to swing by.
                      It's the end of the quarter so I've been working a little late all week.

Comment

Hey I have a mode four also and I think it depends on what cab you play it out of.
                        It really didn't sound good through my Mesa Rectifier, I know sounds crazy but it actually sounds better through the MF400 4X12 with the 100-watt Celestions.It also depends on the guitar too.
                        My Charvel USA Copperhead isnt as gain-y with the JB but my CS AT with a JB kills.
                        And my guitars with EMG's sound heavy through the MF, But Thr best sounding pickup I have has to be the Bare Knuckle Warpig that's in my RR24 limited.
                        But it took awhile to get a sound dialed in. I actually sold the Marshall cab but bought it back when I couldn't get the sound I wanted out of Thr Rectifier cab with the Mode Four.

Comment

The MF cabs are supposed to be some of the best Marshall cabs available. People go crazy for them.

I set the 6505 up on the JCM900 cab and it sounded ok. I might play around with it a little more tomorrow with the MF cab to see if it sounds better.

The problem with this head is, it is frigging LOUD. Post on 2 and it's really loud for a house player like me. But it's killer when you dial it in. I'm still messing with mine, and I'm not quite there yet, but got pretty close tonight.

Out of all my guitars (PC-1, LP, dinky) my DK2M with Dimarzios sounded the best to me. Those pups took the gain and handled it the best out of all of them.

Comment

When I was running 5150s, I used Marshall 900 cabs. But, I always felt they sounded best with their own peavey cabs with the Sheffield speakers in them. You could run the resonance up higher and the amps had more definition and less flubb than my 900s. BillZ will likely second this if he bothers to comment more on a 5150 post, lol...

Comment

Very happy with the Peavey TripleXXX cabs I got. They sound great with the 6505.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I'm sure they do sound great. The XXX has the similar low end of the 5150/6505 and I'd imagine are meant to take the punishement they dole out. Any idea what speakers are in them? I'm not really keeping up on that stuff lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X