No announcement yet.

NAD: mesa content within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only difference between a switchless loop and a switchable one is that with the switchless one you have to turn each effect on and off individually. With a switchable loop, you have one button to turn off every effect all at once. Otherwise they are the same in operation.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

so when i turn a pedal off the signal is no longer affecting the tone in anyway???

Comment

If you have a true bypass pedals yes. If the pedal employs a buffer, some people can feel/hear it and it fucks with their mojo. I've never noticed much myself but I'm a bad guitarist with a bad ear.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

so that's on the pedal, not the amp correct?

thanks for the help

Comment

Correct. All a switched loop does is allow you to add or remove all pedals (in their current on/off state) all at once with a single footswitch. When the loop is turned on it will behave exactly the same as a switchless loop, you just have the option to bypass all effects with one button instead of switching each pedal on/off individually.
            Last edited by Hellbat; 01-23-2012, 09:27 PM.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The one weak spot for that series was the loop. Hated it. Tone sucker for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                The one weak spot for that series was the loop. Hated it. Tone sucker for sure.
                loop is no good?

Comment

That was an incredible deal you got! congrats

I've never met a Mesa loop I liked. They are weird in several ways. THe way I work though it's cool. I use the slave out into my effects then on for further processing direct to DAW.

MESA amps are great though. I just got a Lone Star Classic. wow. Cleans are amazing and a pretty sweet gain channel.
                  Last edited by Animus; 01-24-2012, 08:49 AM.
                  2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                  Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

That was a STEAL for $500, holy fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                      loop is no good?
                      I wouldn't go that far. I just am not a fan of parallel loops. The Recto loops definitely affect the tone, and they are sensitive to whatever effect types you run.

Comment

I have the same amp, and modded it to a series loop. Very easy to do. Just google it...there's a schematic out there somewhere.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                        X