NAD: mesa content within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: mesa content within

I posted about this the other day, but it became official when I picked it up last night

dude was mad cool, hooked me up with the flight case for free

my associate nick had never seen a boogie in person, so he asked that i bring it over for him to check it out. Don't yet have a cab for it, so we just sat around admiring it.

That's the best sounding Recto-series amp I ever owned. HNAD!!

Comment

your turned the amp on without a cabinet? I thought that was bad for the amp?
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I wanted to show him the tube glow, I left it on standby. I thought that would be ok, no?

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
          your turned the amp on without a cabinet? I thought that was bad for the amp?
          Plugging a guitar into the head and playing it with the amp turned on but no cabinet connected can damage the output transformer. Just turning it on shouldn't be a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
            Plugging a guitar into the head and playing it with the amp turned on but no cabinet connected can damage the output transformer. Just turning it on shouldn't be a problem...
            sweet! thanks for that info, i was starting to stress about it lol

Comment

Unless youre setting the bias, then youll want that load. Irrelevant in this situation, I know. However, I still wouldnt leave it on more than a few minutes without a load, just in case the amp its self is emitting a signal internally, such as a bad hum, internal feedback, etc. When it is on, Id turn all the knobs to 0, just in case.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                dude was mad cool, hooked me up with the flight case for free
                How do you figure the case was "free" it came with the amp that you payed for... can't stand when people throw around the free word.

Cool Amp btw... now shoot a video and lets hear that bad fugger!!!

Also clean the leaves out of your trunk seal area.
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  Unless youre setting the bias, then youll want that load. Irrelevant in this situation, I know. However, I still wouldnt leave it on more than a few minutes without a load, just in case the amp its self is emitting a signal internally, such as a bad hum, internal feedback, etc. When it is on, Id turn all the knobs to 0, just in case.
                  Good advice. Thanks, Twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                    How do you figure the case was "free" it came with the amp that you payed for... can't stand when people throw around the free word.

Cool Amp btw... now shoot a video and lets hear that bad fugger!!!

Also clean the leaves out of your trunk seal area.
                    it feels free for the following reasons:

1.) I JUST saw another ad on CL for a rectoverb (same as mine) for 1k, I talked this guy down to 500 lol (yes, I tried it, sounds great).
                    2.) the ad mentioned ONLY the head (actually wasn't even advertised as a ROV, ad just said single rec)
                    3.) I was on my way out before the guy remembered he had the flight case, didn't want anything extra for it. He could have sold it elsewhere and gotten some cash for it, those things aren't cheap.

also, thank you for pointing out the leaves. I will fix those TONIGHT, son lol

Comment

Rectoverb is a great amp. One word of caution, I would never turn a tube amp on without a speaker load even if its on standby.
                      Not safe.

Comment

hmm, won't do that again. Thanks guys

stupid question:

I had a dual rectumfrier in college, and it had a button on the footswitch for the fx loop. This does not, but it has a loop. How do I use it? I string the fx pedals together and plug into the back (parallel or other?)...then how do I activate them? I don't want the signal to affect the tone until I'm actually using my pedals.

thanks

Comment

hmm, won't do that again. Thanks guys

stupid question:

I had a dual rectumfrier in college, and it had a button on the footswitch for the fx loop. This does not, but it has a loop. How do I use it? I string the fx pedals together and plug into the back (parallel or other?)...then how do I activate them? I don't want the signal to affect the tone until I'm actually using my pedals.

thanks
                          I don't believe the single recto has a switchable loop.

Comment

I talked this guy down to 500
                            You stole that amp if you only paid $500 for it. The case is an additional $200 at least. I hope it turns out to be a great amp for you.

Comment

You stole that amp if you only paid $500 for it. The case is an additional $200 at least. I hope it turns out to be a great amp for you.
                              I know, that's what I'm saying! I wasn't planning on buying a new amp until march, but I saw that for $600, offered 500 just to be an asshole lowballer and the dude took it. No joke, I found the same amp for sale in a town maybe 80 miles from where I got it for 1k today. Played it at the guy's house to make sure it works, everything works great. I got really lucky with this purchase.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              I don't believe the single recto has a switchable loop.
                              fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

so what's the point of a loop them?

Comment

Working...
                              X