NAD (mini amp content for jgcable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD (mini amp content for jgcable)

Got a good deal on a Carvin V3M head that I couldn't pass up. Here it is in my living room rig, on top of a Mesa Thiele 1x12, and a THD Univale that I mainly use as a bass amp with the 1x15 cab. Also a pic down in the basement with its big V3 brother.
    stack.jpg
    V3M.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Nice "mimi" amp you got there.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Whatchoo talkin bout?

Comment

So hows it sound compared to the big one? Id imagine not too horribly different if your V3 is using EL34s.

Comment

I've only messed with it for about 10 minutes, but it doesn't seem much different in sound with EL84s compared to the regular V3 with EL34s. The main difference is the V3 has a master EQ section for deep, mid cut and bright, and two effects loops (parallel and serial), and no reverb. The mini has only one serial loop and a master reverb.

Comment

Congrats on the amp, toe! Nice living room--so I guess you're not married--lol?

PS. Is a mouse hiding behind your gear somewhere?

Comment

Ha! I've been divorced for a long time and am more able to afford gear now.
              Cats always find a way to get in pictures. There's no way a mouse would be in my house... I've got two cats and my girlfriend who recently moved in has three! As long as no gear gets destroyed, they'll be allowed to live.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                There's no way a mouse would be in my house... I've got two cats and my girlfriend who recently moved in has three! As long as no gear gets destroyed, they'll be allowed to live.
                Right, no mice, but puke puddles everywhere. Not sure which is worse.

Comment

Everyone knows that 2 is the sanity limit with cats Once you hit three, it's a slippery slope until this:

Comment

Oh yeah....and cool score on the V3M

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                      Right, no mice, but puke puddles everywhere. Not sure which is worse.
                      Tell me about it! Seems all those fuckers do is puke.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                        Everyone knows that 2 is the sanity limit with cats Once you hit three, it's a slippery slope until this:

LOL I gotta get one of those action figures!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Tell me about it! Seems all those fuckers do is puke.
                          I had one that threw up under the covers while I was sleeping one time. That was an awful experience. If it wasn't for the hairball/puking issue I would probably have a cat.

Comment

I know its personal preference and what youre willing to put up with, but dont get me started on how I feel cats are the most filthy, inconsiderate animals to ever have as pets. I grew up with a crazy cat lady for a mom, and when theyd piss and shit on my stuff(my bed too), I was told to just shut my door and if I hurt one of the filthy bastards, Id be kicked out of the house. Yes, filthy cats before children. I hate cats. I may consider ONE, but the first time it shits in the floor, hell be a feral cat ( if not a cat in need of surgery to remove a size 11 boot from its ass or to fix a broken neck).

I prefer my cat sized dog that holds it until hes ready to explode and lets me know he needs to go OUTSIDE to use the bathroom. Good boy!

Comment

Nice score. Just make sure you hide it if you bring any girls over the house. To me.. having a tiny amp is like having a tiny pecker. My amps are huge. Take that sucka.

Comment

Working...
                              X