No announcement yet.

Jackson Performer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was much younger, I was learning to play, and my father's friend was travelling from South Africa (Where I lived at the time), to Texas, on business.
    He told my father that he could bring a guitar back for me, upon his return.

He sent a fax, with three prices:
    Gibson Flying V - $849 (I didn't like the rounded edges.... not "Metal" enough! LOL)
    Jackson King V Mustaine - $1499 (Too expensive for me)
    Jackson King V Std - $749 (Cool Looks, Good Price)

When it arrived, it came with a hard case, strap, and was loosely strung (for transport reasons).

I honestly could not believe how low the action was, compared to my Aria Pro II.
    The neck was paper thin, and so comfortable. - As a result, I am not comfortable playing thicker neck guitars, such as Fenders and Ibanez.

Some 25 years later, and now living in Australia, I find myself purchasing more 90's Jackson guitars.
    I sourced another Jackson Professional Rhodes, which is in decent condition (except for a gouge out the lower tip, which I must try to restore)... and now, a Jackson Performer Kelly,in Cherry color, with a Gibson Humbucker installed on the Bridge.
    Great price, I thought, but was not impressed with the MIK Performers (Their necks were thicker, and were not smooth like the MIJ model I had)... but this one has a serial starting 96xxx, and has the old "Made In Japan" sticker still semi intact.
    I am seriously considering buying it.

There is also the option of a newer 2015/16 Jackson Warrior..... because I have to face reality: I am not going to find a Jackson Professional Warrior from the 90's and not have to sell a kidney for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sub-Zero View Post
      When it arrived, it came with a hard case, strap, and was loosely strung (for transport reasons).
      You actually don't need to loosen the strings when shipping guitars. Keeping it at standard pitch is totally fine. Don't believe the hype.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes waiting forever and paying the price for a Warrior Pro. Buying a Usa Warrior is the only other option. $2700 for a new one. Seen some other Usa models used for $1200 to $1800.
        Im stubborn I will stay on the hunt for the Pro.
        Purchased a New RR1 because I lost the deal on the Rhoads Pro. Like the Rr1 but I found the Rhoads Pro and bought it.Pro is so much beter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrippedv View Post
          Yes waiting forever and paying the price for a Warrior Pro. Buying a Usa Warrior is the only other option. $2700 for a new one. Seen some other Usa models used for $1200 to $1800.
          Im stubborn I will stay on the hunt for the Pro.
          Purchased a New RR1 because I lost the deal on the Rhoads Pro. Like the Rr1 but I found the Rhoads Pro and bought it.Pro is so much beter.
          Unfortunately, being on a very limited budget, I will have to potentially settle for one of the cheap models out these days..... but it will hurt!
          I love the old exotic shaped guitars, and Jackson does them best!
          One day I will take the plunge,and purchase a Pro version of one of the exotics.
          I am sure the overall build quality is way better, as well as the hardware!

Comment

I have a JDR Concept, a Korean PS-4, and a Japanese PS-4. I changed the pick-ups in all of them and they all are very good guitars. While yours is not now, nor will it ever be, worth much money, it is a nice player. Enjoy it and remember the good times you had with you grandpa.

Comment

Working...
            X