Anyone used/know of this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used/know of this site?

The "we all suck" thread got me thinking about this. I can struggle my way through songs as a rhythm guitarist hammering out riffs and such but I really can't solo that great, definitely wouldn't call myself a "shredder" by any means at all. Not even looking to gig, just play better for myself. I've been thinking about taking some lessons to try and fix some bad habits, learn some "back to basics" kinda stuff like different scales, styles, techniques, etc.. I seem to learn best from seeing someone play and explain what they're doing. I'm not looking to spend a ton of jack on it so I was thinking about dvd's or online. Anyone used or know anyone who tried out www.guitarmasterclass.net ?? The videos seem pretty good to learn with. It's like $30 for 3 months. What do you think?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Haven't seen that site before. Is it just a video library of lessons? I think there's a lot to be gained from the interactive aspect of real-life lessons. The teacher can watch you play and tell you what you're doing wrong. Watching videos can lead to a lot banging your head on the wall.

Although, for $10/month, it's roughly 15% of the cost of lessons.
    Scott

Comment

I remember finding freelicks.net, which was the site before that.

I personally, wouldn't recommend buying a subscription there because I fail to see how paying to watch someone else play a solo will benefit you. You might as well find a tab of a solo you like by your favorite artist and learn that.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I found guitartricks.com really good. About 15$ a month and the video lessons are vast and are shot in very clear audio/video. A very good learning tool I thought....you can view free lessons and they give a good example of how the rest of the site works.

Comment

I know my "Shredding" isn't the best either however I know I have problems when it comes to 16th notes and such

What I am doing for practice is I made a Drum pattern. (Very Simple) Bass Drum on the 1/4 notes in a 4/4 pattern, then added Hi Hats on 16th notes. so for speed exercises I time the tempo to what is comfortable, practice it, then bump up the tempo for an extra challenge keeping the picking and fingering clean. I just started doing this and starting to see results. this can go further as well. for those nasty sextuplets and things Program the drum machine to time the hi hats to the sixtuplet and keep in track with the hi hat.

Here is a sample of what I am talking about

http://members.shaw.ca/rob.savage/Sh...ctice-16th.mp3
          Last edited by Southpaw; 06-08-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X