Anyone use Jazz III picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorrisonHotel View Post
    Jazz III XL series are for the ones who are not willing to get used to their tiny scale..It's pretty cool, I've been using them.
    I started with those then moved to the little ones.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

.60mm Orange tortex filed to a sharp point. I'm going to check out some ultex sharps when I get a chance though. I think I will like them.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Jeezus! I thought I was a pick geek, lol!
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I've used the Jazz 3 picks for years. I'll switch between the black & red depending on my mood mostly. I have some of the XL Jazz 3s. I tend to find that with the smaller Jazz 3s it is easier to hit the pinch harmonics than with the XL's.

It may have been discussed & I missed it. What is the ultex Jazz 3's made out of? Benefit?
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I use the jazz iii xl or the 3mm big stubby if I'm doing a lot of rhythm work. I can switch between these two easily but I have a hard time using anything else anymore. I even do pinch harmonics with the stubbys but it took some practice.

Comment

Ultex Jazz III Always.

My prob. with the Nylon ones is that my somewhat ferocious picking hand turns Nylon jazz IIIs into Jazz Is rather fast...

The ultex dont wear down and feel much more responsive to me.

The only problem is for every pick I buy I lose 5.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Try a Dunlop 205! Even better!

Comment

eric johnson jazz IIIs

Comment

V picks or die!
                    Last edited by Forrest; 06-22-2010, 02:01 AM.
                    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

After my band played with this band Order Of Ennead (Steve from Deicide on drums), the lead guitarist, who was nastyyy, gave me one of his signature Jazz iii picks. I've been playing with it ever since. The precision and speed you get is unlike anything else
                      http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Alfred-Rylands/24331142420?ref=ts

Guitars
                      Jackson DKMGT Floyd Rose Turbo, Blue, SD Screamin' Demon (bridge), SD '59 (neck)
                      Jackson DKMGT Hardtail, Satin Black, EMG 81 (bridge), EMG 85 (neck)

Amps/Cabs
                      Carvin V3 100wt 3-Channel All-Tube Head
                      Old Crate Head and Cab from the 90's, Solid state Head 4x10 cab
                      Orange 4x12PPC Cabinet, Celestion Vintage 30's, 240wts at 16ohms

Effects
                      Dunlop Crybaby Wah
                      Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
                      Digitech Whammy

Comment

I got 1 V pick from Vinnie, we were talking about an endorsement deal, well to be honest..
                        I wasn`t really happy with the thickness of it and also the tone was not my cup of tea..
                        (why didn`t you choose another one then?)
                        Because there were only thinner picks in other shapes/sizes..

I love my Dunlop Jazz IIIs...
                        Otherwise they really don`t slip out of your fingers, but I modified the Jazz IIIs to
                        stay in my hand too... Just scraped them a little bit and it works like a charm
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                        X