Far fetched I know....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far fetched I know....

...but... I have been trying like mad to learn the Tornado of Souls solo.... I am have some good success, but there are a few parts I simply cannot make out.... Even the tab doesn't seem to correspond with the cacophony of notes I am hearing.... and I am an extreme stickler of learning things exactly as they were recorded...

If anyone who knows how to play it properly could play the whole solo very slowly... with no other instruments... I would be EXTREMELY grateful. I know I ask a lot but they say you don't know if you don't ask, and I know there is a wealth of ready to be shared knowledge lurking within these forums....

Thanks!!
    -Justin
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

it's not quite what you asked for, but you could message Jani for some tips.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79870
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Good luck to you. Its a real bitch. Jani's version is very very good IHMO (it may not be the same way/positioning that Marty uses, but it sound damn good to me). Kmanick used to be able to play pretty well too (but he has since moved on to other stuff so ??? if he remembers - he can play some mean Greg Howe these day though).

I have tried and I can mostly play it correctly slowly from one of the Power tab versions, but I must admit that I pretty much given up on getting it to speed (I did mess around with it this AM as a matter of fact, but its still not coming).
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i can play it up until the ending part after the alternate picked arps. that last bit is a bitch!
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

We played that song live for 4 years and I always improvised the final section. It just sounds too muddled to me to learn entirely. Kinda like Slayer solos
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

ROFL!! The last part is the hard part? *sigh* I wish I would have spent more years practicing, lol.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I figured out the last part. I just got home from a gig yesterday and I don't have my rig yet, but I'll try and do a version for you as soon as I get my rig back.
              Last edited by levantin; 11-24-2008, 04:40 PM.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
              X