X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sick and tired of this.

are you guys sure about the picking?

i mean i do

down up down on the 0 0 0, then down on 2, then u d on the 0 0, d on the 4 etc.

Comment

go with Powertube's illustration and use strict alternate picking on that one
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
        are you guys sure about the picking?

i mean i do

down up down on the 0 0 0, then down on 2, then u d on the 0 0, d on the 4 etc.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you've identified the problem. The "2" should be an upstroke, not a downstroke. According to what you just said, that one note is throwing your entire sequence off. Besides, the two downstrokes in a row on different strings must be awkward.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

ahh, I should be clearer. That's the way i currenty do it.

it feels akward to upstroke, the 2 and stop the string from vibrating.

here is the clip
          http://home.comcast.net/~djmihow/Thr...ty_Crisis1.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:

i fixed on being a shitty guitar play at accuracy/timing

thanks TB
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Michael, my previous post was out of line, & not at all helpful to you. Please disregard it if you would be so kind, & accept my apology. Not that it's any excuse, but I'd had an extremely lousy & frustrating day, & had no business posting to an internet forum in that state of mind. Thanks. - Tim

Comment

I don't know how Michael feels about your previous post, Tim, but I think it was a real gem. Sometimes we do get too concern with technique and forget about what's really important. I thought your post was great (even if it didn't really help address the problem at hand) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Imo all the muted notes should be played downstroke, while A2 and D4 should be upstroke. This way the muted notes will really stand out as very heavy. It shouldn't be that hard since the song isn't very fast. Just a thought.

Comment

Who tabbed that out? You should never have to hit an open string in Metal, especially a palm mute, unless it's in a riff that is entirely or 90% done on that string. That 3-3-0-3-3 section is totally awkward, and is a dead giveaway that it was tabbed using a mechanical slower-downer. That particular series of notes should be done on one string (use the 5 on the A-string instead of the open D).

And yes, if you learn something sloppily, it will always be sloppy, and if you don't keep the phrasing as you practice it slowly, you will have a hard time getting the right phrasing at full speed - same thing happened to me with Metallica's "Fade To Black" intro solo - the first fast part.

However, getting pissed at not being able to rip and shred like you want to is a good thing - you reach a point where you hit exactly what you're looking for (or close enough to it) simply out of "dammit this time I'm nailing it". I did that with an original solo of mine; I had been trying and trying to lay down the solo to a song me and my singer wrote, and I had the beginning kinda pieced together, but after trying and trying and trying it still came out either cliche and Bluesy (which didn't fit the song) or cliche and scalar with no "feel" to it. Then on the last take I got pissed and burned "the one" to tape totally off the cuff with only one (but workable) flub.
                  I liked it so much that I had to learn it and tab it out and save just that track to the computer so I'd always have it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  But even then, I can't really capture the same fire and intensity as the original.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I say quit playing the song and get some new songs you can play [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X