Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does anyone play with three fingers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does anyone play with three fingers????

When I first started playing in 1978 through about 1982, I never used my pinky. Then someone pointed out to me that I was only operating at 75% efficiency, and it made sense to me. After that, I constantly worked on using my pinky, even if it wasn't necessary. Now, I can't imagine playing without it. There is so much more I can do, and I can do it faster. But that's just my experience. Yours may differ. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

you got 4 fingers, might as well use them

Comment

Bruce Kulick only uses three fingers. I read interviews where he talks about this.

Comment

I think you just have to find what is comfortable to you & go with it....the bottom line is everybody is & plays different.Some people can play very fast & some can't....some can play blues better than others....some can chicken pick better than others....etc.Just find your knitch & go with it.I can't use my pinky very well except for hammer on's & pull off's....otherwise it is no help to me.

Comment

i have to use the pinky [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I use my pinky too. What the point in not using it. Its gonna give you more choice in terms of stretches, note choice and speed.

Comment

Unless I really think about it I find it really unatural to play power chords with anything other then my little finger.

Comment

I play with 3 fingers most of the time but I do incorporate my pinky when it's needed. Oh, were we talking about playing guitar? Sorry, my bad! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X