Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: guys... check this out..

Absolutely Incredible!!!!
    I have never seen anyone play "live" before that is so - Fast, Articulate, etc,etc......
    Hearing someone on audio is one thing but to actually see this is Amazing!!!
    This is something that I can really use and learn from as well. Only in my wildest dreams now would I be a third of his speed, nonetheless I'm watching that pick-hand closely. I'm still amazed, back to his website I go........

Comment

I've been hanging out on his site alot too since this thread started. Simply amazing [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . That Chops from Hell site is really good too. I didn't know about it till now.

Comment

JAW DROPPING, INCREDIBLE!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
          You're talking about his 8-string, right? Yeah, he's got fanned frets on that one. It's either for ease of play for for better intonation... or possibly both. I don't really know the logic behind it, but he wouldn't be playing it if it didn't benefit him! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These guys have the patent on the "fanned fret" technology and explain it on their site: Novax Guitars. Pretty cool.

Comment

I've never seen someone talk (play) so much and say absolutely nothing.

Comment

He's fast as hell but good ol' JP would kick his but on melody. This guys seems to play real fast but no feeling, and all his clips sound the same to me,, but who am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                He's changed his gear section and now says he uses Ibanez rather then Jackson.

Boo.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know , I like Ibanez , Jackson and ESP . I really cannot say , which one is the best .

Comment

Funny you ask that F. Rusty's new custom Ibanez was supposed to be in last week, so he'll probably play it during the next lesson I take. If I like it, I'll order one just for lessons because having a 7 - 8 string guitar teacher transposing things down to a 6 string for me is a little limiting.

Brett

Comment

From the video clip, it appears that he is hammering and pulling the majority of those notes-it looks though he picks each string once and hammers and pullls the rest. I guess it could possibly be due to the limits of the image quality, but if you look closely you just see him pick each string once especially in the extremely fast parts. By the way, his sweeping is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                      Funny you ask that F. Rusty's new custom Ibanez was supposed to be in last week, so he'll probably play it during the next lesson I take. If I like it, I'll order one just for lessons because having a 7 - 8 string guitar teacher transposing things down to a 6 string for me is a little limiting.

Brett
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brett,
                      If you like 7 strings, there are 75% chances of you liking the Ibanez 7 string. Because they just play so well! Especially the newer UV 7.

Fong

Comment

Brett, if you don't mind....what kind of things are you currently going over in your lessons?

Comment

Originally posted by L:
                          Brett, if you don't mind....what kind of things are you currently going over in your lessons?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I reckon Rusty.C is teaching Brett some Country Style chicken picking, some swing, and some funk.Maybe..just maybe some grunge "rock". [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          Fong

Comment

Yes, Rusty is my current guitar teacher (but I travel so much that weekly lessons are out of the question). He's a cool guy and I recommend him for any of y'all wanting to pick up tips on sick technique. I believe he does on-line lessons or something like that.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                              Yes, Rusty is my current guitar teacher (but I travel so much that weekly lessons are out of the question). He's a cool guy and I recommend him for any of y'all wanting to pick up tips on sick technique. I believe he does on-line lessons or something like that.

Brett
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brett,

Are you going to start collecting Ibanez now? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X