Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy crapola!! Reverse sweep picking anyone??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy crapola!! Reverse sweep picking anyone??!!

Whoa toejam u took lessons from michael romeo???? how did that come about? damn! romeo's my hero!

shit, symphony X is my favorite!

Comment

Here's a link to the same song, only done more recently. And alot cleaner.
      Speed Lives

Comment

Thanks, Creepy, I was actually looking for that! It used to be linked from the Dean site. Mike had to mod that song a bit (the Deans he was using on this clip are 22 & 24 frets - the earlier clip featured a 27 (or was it 29?) fret Ritz - BTW I think that guitar is pretty cool looking - Mike seems to love that Bolted Steel motif!

Also he only did one short "reverse sweep" this time around.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          the earlier clip featured a 27 (or was it 29?) fret Ritz
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still had the old vid on my cache - it's 29 frets! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I met Mike back in '90 at a clinic of his. It was the first time I'd ever seen him play, I was in complete awe. After watching the old vid then the new one, you can see how much more polished his playing is after about 10 years. Some good editing helps too. If my sweeps were 1/4 that clean, I'd be cheesin [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I found out two days late that Michael Angelo did a clinic less than 3 hours from where I live. I would have made the trip to see it. As far as him being a tool, I don't know, I've never met him. All I meant was that his sense of humor was a little different. But that is coming from me, who has a very different sense of humor than most of society. I have heard people say that he was kind of pompous, expecting you to get his autograph after a clinic. Did I read that here? Anyway, he is an amazing player, I would love to pick his brain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                In the '80s when I took guitar lessons from Mike Romeo, he brought over a video of Michael Angelo one time and couldn't stop talking about him. He was like man, check this guy out, he's insane!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mike Romeo recorded with my very recent exband mates in a project called Dia. He is a great player.

Comment

Wow, on that later video he is so fast that he can even change guitars without missing a beat. I gotta work on that!!

Comment

hey sully [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    HELL YA i used to know that area REAL good.
                    i used to live around the Archer and Harlem neiborhood.i lived about 5 blocks from where Archer and 55th street split at Narregansett(SP?) i used to hang out ALL OVER [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] when i was like 13/14'ish i used to ride my bike out Plainfield road to Woodridge or take the commuter train out to Wheeling and Mt. Prospect. ( i was always the bad influence city kid who had ALOT of friends in the Burbs [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
                    i had some friends that lived in woodridge that went to school at Downers Grove North.then later dated a few girls in the Willowbrook Clarendon Hills,and Bur Ridge areas.I was out there alot!
                    Hell ya ,good memories there [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I'm 32 now, so if you are around my age chances are we have bumped into each other around there, or at least might know some of the same people...
                    HHHMMMMM [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

yep, we're the same age.... i used to hang out at the whale and gala. good times.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hey moshwitz, where are you from? i've lived in the downers grove/lombard/wheaton area.

sully
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

the thirsty wale?
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

si senor!
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

GALA------video games, pool tables, dancing and shit?......bowlingbrook mabey? Man that fucking name has haunted me ALL DAY aaarrrrgggghhhhh....DAMNIT!!!! its been so long ago, i know i've been there. i just can't remember...getting old sucks! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                              they closed the whale didn't they?

Comment

yeah, that's it, but the one i went to was in carol stream... on the corner of gary ave and army trail road.

and yeah, the whale is closed.... i remember seeing bang tango there... and vain... and shotgun messiah... and it seemed as if lillian axe lived there.

sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X