X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tascam Guitar Trainer

All you need is this Winamp plugin:

Chronotron II

It, along with Winamp, is free. If you need to make an MP3 from a CD, just download a free ripper.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Another suggestion: you can also open the slowed-down MP3 in GoldWave and loop any section you like indefinitely.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:

Chronotron II

It, along with Winamp, is free. If you need to make an MP3 from a CD, just download a free ripper.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was gonna suggest the same thing....quite a handy plugin! Speed up, slow down, change pitch without changing speed, change tempo without changing pitch, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PowerTube:

Chronotron II

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was gonna suggest the same thing....quite a handy plugin! Speed up, slow down, change pitch without changing speed, change tempo without changing pitch, etc... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow. Can't beat free. Yes, I would go that route first.

In defense of plunking down cash for Traskriber, it does let you easily define and loop sections. With a little practice (hehe) you can set up a loop for a guitar solo phrase so that it loops back right on the beat and in time. So it sounds like your fave guitar player is just repeating the phrase over and over on top of a dedicated rhythm track and it actually sounds musical. You can play against it at 1/2 speed for 15 minutes until that gets easy. Then bump it up to 2/3 speed until that gets easy. Then 3/4. Then full speed.

Also, the fact that it requires you to do a rip from CD into WAV format means that you are not dealing with lossy compression (like MP3s). You're dealing with a signal that's bit-by-bit identical to the CD. That means that slowing it down to 1/2 speed will still sound decent and articulate.

Comment

Venom - Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

why not use Acid to slow down and keep the same pitch?
              I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Working...
              X